Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 February 2004
i absolutely loved this book - the pictures are kooky and absolutely adorable (and not in a sickly cute way either), and the story's very well told. great creatures too. i may be 19, but this book's on my wish list for sure...
VINE VOICEon 24 November 2011
This is another good story by David Mellings. The children loved the tale of someone waking up in the forest. At first they thought the animals might eat the boy. It had them thrilled when the goblins came and roaring with laughter at the thought of them smelling like cabbage and when they got stuck to the ice. This is a great story for children of all ages. The book arrived on time and in good condition. It is a feel good story and now the frosty nights are starting to come in the children now feel they know who Jack Frost is because they see what he looks like in the book.
on 8 February 2015
A wonderfully illustrated fantasy world I loved reading to and with my children and my students, where the goblins are just funny enough not to be too scary, and the child's instinct for what is right over-rules his child-like insecurities. The audio version with Hugh Laurie is simply delightful, as is the animated version, which remains loyal to Mr Melling's beautiful and unique artistic style.
on 7 December 2016
Book arrived on time.
Used, very good condition. I bought it for my two boys as a Christmas gift. I absolutely love David Melling's books ; great stories and really lovely pictures.
I would definitely recommend buying it.
on 28 January 2013
My 3 year old daughter had developed a fear of Jack Frost !! We had no idea where it came from ! So I bought this book in the hope that it would settle her fears and it worked !

This is a beautiful book and now a favorite read !
on 31 March 2006
My son who is 2 and a half absolutely loves this book. It's not one of the those pretty story books with bright colours but instead has a sinister side to it with goblins and scary trees. Not too scary I might add - just enough to get their imaginations working. It also includes kooky fantasy animals in a magical forest. My son knows this book off by heart. A bit long for a night-time read but a must for little ones.
on 17 January 2014
I first borrowed this book from our local library for my toddler grandson - about six years ago. He now has Three year old twin brothers and this book is for them. I have already bought them the dvd - which they love, and this will be a regular story for them to know and love. I would definitely recommend this book.
on 1 January 2015
Bought this for my daughter to explain about the frost she sees on the ground during winter, she is 4 and totally believes in Jack Frost, lovely book, lovely story & great illustrations
on 18 March 2016
Lovely story. My granddaughter wanted to know all about Jack Frost and this was the best book I found. Beautifully illustrated. She loved it.
on 25 October 2014
Good story. I love David Melling. His books are really well written. Illustrations perfect too.