Family Guy (Xbox)
- Voiced and scripted by members of the real Family Guy TV show creative team
- Visit familiar locations around Quahog and interact with many beloved characters from the show! Giggity! Giggity! Giggity!
- Freakin' sweet gameplay switches back and forth between three popular characters from the show: the loveable Peter, the diabolical Stewie and the charismatic Brian.
- Funny, unique, and pick-up-and-play combination of combat, stealth and puzzle-solving gameplay.
- Family Guy wouldn't be complete without the random funny things, satirizing pop-culture that jump out and seemingly have no place in the flow of the story now you can actually play them
- Interactive Humour take part in the over-the-top jokes, parodies and sarcasm as though you were part of the show.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Platform: Xbox
- PEGI Rating: Suitable for 16 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 16. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 16 years of age or over.
- Media: Video Game
In a nutshell:
TVs (or at least DVDs) most outrageous cartoon family get their own video game that not only looks just like the show but is just as funny and offensive.
Being cancelled may have been the best thing thats ever happened to Family Guy, because ever since it was brought back its been more popular than ever why its even got its own video game now. As with most licensed games its not exactly breaking down any gameplay paradigms, but at least its got some quality gags to fall back on. You can control one of three characters: Brain the dog (whose levels are all stealth based), Peter the dad (whose missions are basically scrolling beat em-ups) and baby Stewie. Theres also a lot of very short mini-games, but none of it really adds up to being more than an interactive background for the games jokes. For most Family Guy fans thats going to be fine though.
Most exciting moment:
As you might expect the best bits of the game involve Stewie, the familys psychotic baby. Theyre basically platform levels with Stewie jumping, gliding and shooting his way to world domination. Hes also got a mind control ray for taking over adults and theres some fun on-the-rails shooting sections and into-the-screen chases.
Since you ask:
The games script is written by series creator Seth McFarlane, who also provides voiceovers along with series regulars Mila Kunis, Alex Borstein, Seth Green, Patrick Warburton and Adam West. Theres even a bunch of regular guest stars including Wallace Shawn, Charles Durning, and Adam Corolla.
The bottom line:
Good for Family Guy fans, not so good for everyone else.-HARRISON DENT
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
You play through the game as Peter, Brian and Stewie, who each have their own style of gameplay. Unfortunately, it is the gameplay that lets down the game. The levels can get repetitive at times and the jokes can get stale if you are hearing them several times because you are replaying the same section again and again due to failing. This is most noticable when you have to play a 'cut-away' minigame right before a difficult section (the cut away gags in the TV series are recreated as easy mini-games in the game). Although the cut away minigames are great, the joke is lost after the tenth time of playing it.
Fans of the series will overlook the gameplay flaws and will just enjoy the jokes and characters. However, if you aren't a fan of the series, don't bother buying this game.
A must buy for any family guy lover
This is the best ever game and is extremly
funny, sit back, relax and die of laughter
This is the ebst ever x box game!!!