Borderlands 2 (PC DVD)
|Price:||£7.49 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Platform: Windows Vista / XP / 7
- BBFC Rating: Suitable for 18 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 18. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 18 years of age or over.
- Media: DVD-ROM
Platform: PC | Edition: Standard
Borderlands 2 furthers the distinct blending of First Person Shooter and Role Playing genres to create the true evolution of the Role Playing Shooter. Team up with up to three other players for four-player online goodness or go old-school with two-player split-screen couch sharing mayhem as you spend hours leveling up your character and equipping them with one of the millions of badass weapons. Borderlands 2 features a new visually stunning array of procedurally generated guns, shields, grenades, artifacts, enemies and more. Choose one of the four new character classes to be taken through a carefully crafted and connected story to all new and surprising environments across the living planet of Pandora. Make new friends, arm them to the teeth and fight alongside them on your relentless quest for revenge and redemption.
- Gunzerker Leads a Cast of All-New Characters and All-New Classes: Step into the role of the Gunzerker, whose highly deadly skills allow him to dual-wield any two weapons found in the game. Not only that, you will build on that skill to do more things with two guns than you ever imagined possible. Dual machine guns? Cool. Dual rocket launchers? Of course! Dual Sniper Rifles? Sure, if that’s your thing! Want to try other styles? More tactical perhaps? There are multiple classes to choose from!
- Dynamic Co-op online, split-screen and LAN: Share your adventures with friends both online and via LAN. Borderlands 2 features a seamless system enabling you to drop in and drop out of a campaign without ever having to restart the game. On top of that you can even take your new gear from any game to any other!
- World Connected Story: You will find yourself left for dead in the frozen tundra of Pandora as you begin your quest of revenge and redemption. Expose the evil surrounding the Hyperion Corporation and take on the perpetrator of a universe-wide grand deception -- the nefarious Hyperion CEO, Handsome Jack. (Oh, also: he's stolen credit for the opening of the Vault.)
- New Badass Gun System: An entirely new take on the groundbreaking procedural system means millions upon millions of possible weapons. The variety and style of guns in Borderlands 2 is staggering, and you’ll see tons of new and innovative ways to engage foes on Pandora. Fire, electricity, corrosive acid, and much more will all be at your disposal as you fight your way through the Hyperion Corporation’s forces!
- 87 Bazillion...Everything: In addition to the new gun system, you will lust after procedurally generated shields, grenades, Alien Artifacts, class mods and much, much more. And you thought the original Borderlands had a ton of loot!
- Brand new environments on Pandora: Hunt through entirely brand new areas of Pandora that are more alive than ever! From the arctic tundra, through the dangerous grasslands, past the mysterious corrosive caverns to beyond, you’ll be surprised by the unpredictable world of Pandora at every turn!
- Brand new enemies: A whole slew of new enemies are out there to kill you in Borderlands 2. Hulking, gorilla-like Bullymongs, vicious predatory Stalkers and the Hyperion mechanical army, run by Handsome Jack, are just some of the new enemies you will be facing off against on Pandora. New strategies will need to be created for every fight, as enemies now interact and aid each other to ensure you don’t get far in the world of Pandora.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Borderland gives players a choice of characters to select from, allowing them to customise their character as the game progresses. You'll be offered a range of abilities from your characters skill tree and also a number of customisation options for how they look.
As you progress through the story, exploring the insane and interesting world of Pandora, you'll be given a number of side quests. These are often absolutely absurd, but they really help to keep things interesting, adding humour with every turn in the game.
The games combat mechanics work amazingly well, blending FPS and RPG. As you open fire on your enemies you'll see the amount of damage you inflict appear above their heads, something that will greatly increase as you gain better loot. The shooting works well, drawing players into some frantic fun firefights.
Looting is addictive in Borderlands 2. Seeking out new and exciting weapons has never been so much fun. All of the weapons have different abilities and work in their own unique ways. Finding a new weapon and discovering how it works and how it fits into your load-out really helps to mix things up. You'll end up with a number of different guns, all of them complementing each other.
I played this game co-op, and I can't imagine playing it any other way. Not only do you end up collecting and equipping weapons that match your own load-out, but you end up working as a team, mixing and matching different fighting and play styles.Read more ›
Borderlands 2 currently has 7 pieces of DLC available/due, with maybe more to be annouced. You get none of that with the base game and to buy it all will cost you a fair amount. What will happen is the game will get a Game of the Year (GOTY) edition with all DLC included at a fraction of the cost, so if you can wait, do so.
Its just about 20 years since Doom burst on the scene as the forerunner of the first person shooting genre.In an overcrowded market,FPS titles that stand out have become rare.I played the original Borderlands many times over quite happily as a single player,(that way the loots all mine).About four hours into Borderlands 2 im pleased to see that Gearbox have largely stuck to a winning formula.Yes it is a game so largely about the guns,theyre are millions of them and they are more satisfying than in any other FPS ive ever played.
From what ive read,Borderlands was Gearboxes breakthrough game and Borderlands 2 is the game to truely establish the company.Gearbox arent taking any chances,apparently this game is a marathon of an FPS,compared too the one weekend and done Call of Duty titles.
As much as i dislike the control Steam takes over my games i did pay the extra to ensure i would be playing it just after midnight on release day and on this occasion i think the game well lives up to the hype.
You play one of four vault hunters, the commander, siren, gunzerker and finally the assassin; with a DLC due for release in October 2012 we will get to play a new class the Mechromancer. As the opening cut scenes unfold you found out that Handsome Jack is in charge of the Hyperion Corporation and has taken full control over the planet Pandora, with his own plans for the Alien resource Eridium, which was released throughout Pandora at the end of the first game. You first think that this is just another Vault hunter’s story, until the sign hanging from the ceiling unhinges from its original nice welcoming gesture “Welcome Vault Hunters” and adds a darker welcome note “To your Doom” and in small text (Nothing personal). Thirty seconds later the train explodes, and you wake up in a frozen wasteland. Only to notice Claptrap, our little robot friend looting the corpses of dead vault hunters before noticing your still alive. Claptrap uses your “skills” and takes you as his minion to help him escape the ice. All the humour from the original outing is still in the game however sometimes you wish you could put a gun to claptraps head, but then again he makes the whole game a lot more fun to play with all his qwerky comments and suggestions.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It will not install on my computer.
Not that I care much, any game that does not install properly must have more faults.
I have the game and I love it .Now here is a solution to those who have written in and are saying it freezes or wont load ect .Try cleaning the heatsink over the chip . Read morePublished 3 months ago by Lord Jock
I got a shiney new meat bicycle !
Not as hard as the original, but very good still.
fun but a bit weak unless you get the "game of the year edition" then it gets really mad in the fun listingsPublished 9 months ago by criss nash
Simply addictive. It's such a shame that the only people selling the GotY version are in Germany and that the price of that version hasn't altered for over a year.Published 9 months ago by TR
If you can have more fun than this for £7, I'd like to know how. Just as good as the original.Published 12 months ago by herbydaceous