Tajik-English/English-Tajik Practical Dictionary Paperback – 1 Sep 2008
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Not perfect, but necessary if you plan to learn Tajik. And it's small enough you can take with you while out and about.
Happy I had it.
1. It is really NOT a dictionary but a mere glossary! Head words are given simple equivalents in the other language (English/Tajiki), no examples, no usage information, basically nothing else other than transliteration of each head word is given;
2. Each head word is phonetically dubbed in the other language -- I see little point beyond appending the dictionary a chart of Tajik/English pronunciation rules. Any serious learner of either Tajiki or English who requires more skills in the respective language and would consult a dictionary most probably do not need transliterations for each head word. In my humble opinion doing so is complete waste of space. And this book does exactly that!
3. Any reasonably good Tajiki dictionary, or for that matter glossary, would give each Tajiki verb the form of its present stem, for it is not always predictable from the verb's infinitive form. This book does not give that information.
In conclusion, it seems that the ideal audience of this book would be Tajiks, not Tajiki language learners, yet ironically overwhelming majority of those who have access to this book are western learners. I really don't understand why Hippocrene does this all the time -- they publish way too many dictionaries in the wrong place for the wrong people.