on 8 March 2017
This is a very clear instruction DVD intended for the over 60's. The teacher is friendly, not patronising and has a sense of humour, taking you through a routine with the detailed explanation in a later segment. The emphasis is on healing from the perspective of Qi Gong although some of the movements are from Tai Chi. There is a segment on acupuncture points on the body which you can massage yourself and he explains how certain exercises stimulate particular functions - according to ancient Chinese theories. I like the detail of posture and correct movement but am not sure I shall be using it more than a few times as long as I am a beginner. The actual sequence is only 4 minutes and I prefer a longer session to make it worth putting on the DVD. If I can memorise it I will do the form and am grateful for the segment on common errors made by seniors. There are a few seated movements.
on 18 July 2017
This is a very good DVD and I have found it a good substitute for Yoga. I have done yoga for many years but begun to feel that some of the poses were becoming too much for an old girl like me. However Tai Chi is very calming and also keeps joints pretty flexible and is a goos aid to retaining balance.
on 3 January 2018
I did start to attend Tai Chi classes which were fine untill the Instructor introduced combat steps. I left the course and was very happy to find this DVD whose exercises are based on the healthy side of Tia Chi.
My husband and I are determined to keep as agile as we can aged 70 , so We find this video ideal to fit into our busy routine and give us a workout without burnout. Always feel better after our exercises.
on 18 December 2009
I had been wanting to join a Tai Chi class, having read how good the movements are for older people (I'm 76) as well as everyone else. Because there just isn't a class within easy reach of my home I decided to give this DVD a try. Six weeks later, my daily half-hour has become routine. Five minutes of that is the Tai Chi sequence itself. The rest is keeping joints flexible, using acupressure points, and special exercises for improving breathing, circulation, blood pressure, digestion ... a whole range. Mark Johnson is a lovely clear teacher, and at least one of his students was in her 90's - as he explained when she and another student joined him in a demonstration.
0Comment| 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 23 March 2017
Just got this and I'm finding the exercises very good. The instruction is quite clear and it helps to see the class going through their paces so you know your getting it right. As a beginner I didn't want anything too fast paced, and this is just right for me.
on 6 January 2018
Excellent. Would recommend. I am nearly 70 and manage the exercises well. Can be paused to concentrate on a particular section and the instructions are easy to follow. Has different sections to help particular parts of the body. Several of my friends have also bought this DVD.
on 20 December 2014
Ive bought this as a xmas gift for my gran whos in her late 80s so she can do the exercises at home now that she cant attend the classes. It looks perfect. The exercises arent as full on as they are in some other dvds and you can do the quick version if you prefer. It arrived quickly and i believe its a good price.
on 17 December 2017
It's not that it's no good it it's bad quality video, the instructor does not give directions in advance so your always catching up with him.

Would not recommend
on 26 May 2016
Good for oldies. Not strenous but enjoyable !
on 7 September 2016
Very good instructional cd for anyone who has never done Tai Chi.