- Paperback: 302 pages
- Publisher: BiblioBazaar (9 Oct. 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0559354916
- ISBN-13: 978-0559354915
- Product Dimensions: 14.6 x 1.8 x 22.2 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
Tagebücher des Generalfeldmarschalls Graf von Blumenthal aus den Jahren 1866 und 1870/1871 Paperback – 9 Oct 2008
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
As the Crown Prince's Chief of Staff, von Blumenthal was the real commander of the Crown Prince's armies. As such he was second only to Moltke in his contribution to winning the wars of 1866 and 1870. Bismarck himself credited him with the victories of Sedan, Wörth and Weissembourg.
During his short reign as Frederick III, the Crown Prince made von Blumenthal a Field Marshal, in recognition of his achievements.
I am delighted that a publisher has decided to reprint these diaries but I wonder why they did not use Major Gillespie's excellent English translation.