on 24 April 2015
This book has been a total revelation. i am now actively seeking out props from all sorts of sources in the expectation of producing images of worth. My flash-gun has taken on new meaning and i am raring to set my table-top alight with new energy.. All instructions are totally clear and concise.. A great bargain - whatever the price paid for the book..
on 25 June 2017
Well written, very helpful as a student. Would suit an intermediate level photographer looking to branch into product. Would recommend. Lots of helpful tips to get started.
on 13 July 2013
I really liked the scale of this book - it suits the home enthusiast trying studio lighting techniques on a budget. But that's it, if you are looking for a wider book on lighting this isn't it (although with common sense you can scale up the principles). Nevertheless, I like the practical problem solving a guide to home made lighting accessories, so if table top is going to be your thing, I'd recommend this.
on 18 January 2013
Having read this book cover to cover I can honestly say it is an invaluable guide for budding studio photographer's, both for macro, still life and table top work.
The guidelines for lighting are excellent and technical areas clearly explained.
on 29 May 2013
This book gives you just what it says - a series of low-cost tricks to achieve more in tabletop photography. I read it really fast - and discovered several solutions I wouldn't figure out by myself. Recommended!
on 22 July 2013
Having been given the task of providing photographs for my ex. boss's company website, I decided I needed to 'up my game' with regard to how I photographed the products. This book gave me a quick and easy insight into the tips and tricks used by professional photographers. Very useful.
on 5 July 2015
This book is very basic, and the lighting techniques it goes into are little more than commonsense. For the absolute novice, this book may perhaps enlighten them to what is possible through good lighting (by looking at the pictures, not by reading the text) but that's about it.
on 21 February 2015
This book as taught me a lot.
on 13 February 2015
Plenty of information & tips
on 29 May 2015
Delighted with my purchasing experience, the book itself is a bit disappointing in its overall attempt to live up to & in my opinion falls way short in relation to it's title.