on 26 November 2015
Bought this on subscribe and save, but have been disappointed and have now cancelled the order. It does not suit my hair at all - dries it out despite using conditioner. Shame because I normally get on with Treseme products but this one seems to clean so deeply it strips the natural oils. Maybe I don't need a deep cleansing shampoo as I don't use lots of treatments on my long curly hair?
VINE VOICEon 15 December 2012
I have really greasy hair, which I have to wash every other day and on the days I don't wash it, I use dry shampoo! I have been using a shampoo that I buy from the hairdressers, specifically for greasy hair as nothing else worked.

I had heard that you should use a clarifying shampoo to clear it of product build up and after doing some research eventually decided to use this once a week. It does say that you can use it everyday.

It's brilliant. It makes my hair feel really fluffy and squeaky clean! People have commented on my hair, the day after I have used this and said how good it looks, which I never get with my 'normal' shampoo.

I love this shampoo so much that I am going to use it all the time. I should point out that I use Dove conditioner on the ends of my hair as I feel this keeps it in good condition without it becoming greasy.
on 26 December 2015
I bought this shampoo not because of the big brand or the deep cleaning promise but for the value for money. I have sent this to my husband in Afghanistan who needed a large bottle to last a long time without having to keep sending new bottles out on a regular basis. We were realy impressed by the number of washes each bottle gives before it needs replaced.
on 9 November 2011
This is a great product - does what it says on the bottle -removes product build up. My hair felt soft and revitalised after using this shampoo. Tresemme Shampoo Deep Cleansing 500ml
on 3 December 2012
Ive given this two stars because i do recognise that me not liking it is probably down to personal preference and/or hair type (although it does say suitable for all hair types on the bottle). I am a man with short fairly greasy hair in type only. Shampoo isnt really my area of interest or expertise so il try and be brief:

Pros:
* This does leave your hair squeaky clean especially if you really work it in thoroughly. Dont worry it does say its safe for everyday use on the bottle.

* The bottle is pretty big for shampoo and it does lather up really well so i dont think you need to use liberal amounts like it says on the bottle. I did by the way so dont think my negative review is because i didnt use enough i can assure you i did.

* This does smell nice in my opinion and it does leave your hair with a slight shine so i can definately see the appeal of it to a girl with long shimmering non-greasy type hair.

Cons:
* Although it did 'clarify' exceptionally well when worked in really thoroughly as evidenced by an absolute definate loud squeak to the hair, when i kept on rubbing the hair to keep making it squeak and rubbing it hard right down to the roots i could already feel the very beginnings of slight grease and id only just cleaned it. When i say the very beginnings of i do mean literally (but not scientifically) a trace amount and i would guess all shampoos are probably similar and i think the reason is because to keep the hair healthy they have to 'clarify'.

* I think the above was made worse, for me anyway, by the 'vitamin c, grapefruit and lemon peel' which i think is responsible for the nourishing protective sheen. If you are a girl with ideally non-greasy type hair you probably love that shiny look but to me, although you could see that it was clean, it just translated into a greasy look which i just didnt like. So im going to go back to using wash and go 2in1 ideally for greasy hair type shampoo and conditioner (which apparently all the salons say dont use (2in1s that is) but it seems to work better for me. I think the conditioner helps mask that shiny/greasy look and i cant be bothered to use a seperate conditioner afterwards being a man and also i think the ingredients that are in this tresemme shampoo (vitamin c, grapefruit and lemon peel) that make your hair shiny in the first place are not in the wash and go so using the latter there will be no shinyness in the first place for the in-mixed conditioner to mask.

I hope thats clarified things a bit for you!
on 3 October 2013
i bought this as I couldn't replace my old clarifying shampoo due to being discontinued.
I have to say this is NOT a clarifying shampoo!, my hair didn't feel clean, just squeaky from the ingredients in it, i also started to have incredibly greasy hair!! (i have read in other reviews elsewhere that others also experienced greasy hair) and after a couple of weeks my hair was driving me mad-greasy, limp and itchy. my normal shampoo could not remove the build up this tresemme shampoo had left on my hair, so i invested in a better clarifying shampoo which straight away restored my hair to the way it was before i used tresemme!
on 24 February 2015
This shampoo is lovely on my tightly curly, very dry hair. Although it is clarifying, it leaves my hair soft and nourished. I don't have any dryness issues like I would with other shampoos. I just follow up with my usual conditioner and I'm good to go. The smell of citrus is very pleasant too.
on 16 December 2015
I had an issue with my hair having a greasy/sticky texture straight after I had washed it. Doctor said it was stress related and to try clarifying shampoo. I did some research and Tresemme cleansing shampoo was the easiest to obtain (also one of the cheapest ones - which had me doubtful it would work). After two washes (3x days apart) my hair is back to normal and I'm able to wear it down and not hide it under top buns or hats!

It's unbelievable how quickly it's sorted my hair and so cheap!

I paired it with the conditioner (it has a slightly different name)

5*!
on 23 March 2015
I have been using this shampoo for several moths as i had a build up of conditioners and others shampoos in my hair, this really helped to completely re-fresh my hair. It does smell nice but is a bit costly compared some other brands that would do the same thing. I would recommend buying if for the clean feeling and nice smell.
on 17 May 2015
I bought this shampoo to try to rid my scalp from all the product build up - it didn't clarify anything but instead made the build up worse. It does clean your hair, but I wouldn't call it a clarifying shampoo.