Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
TRENDnet TPL-406E2K Powerline 500 AV Mini Network Starter Kit, Up to 500 Mbps Over Existing Electrical Lines
|Price:||£30.39 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£9.60 (24%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Extend your home network by using the current electrical wiring in your home for a fast, stable and secure connection. No configuration is needed. All TRENDnet Powerline adapters are Plug and Play ready
- This starter kit comes with 2 compact adapters that blends into your surroundings without sacrificing both power outlets
- Connect over existing eletrical lines for homes up to 5,000 square feet with speeds up to 500 Mbps for seamless streaming of 1080p Full HD or 3D HD video and online gaming
- 500 Mbps is the maximum theoretical Powerline data rate when connected to another Powerline device. Data throughput may vary by circuit wire conditions. Powerline communication works on a single electrical system. (Usually controlled by a single distribution panel). Power strip, GFCI outlets, and AFCI circuit breakers may degrade Powerline network signals.
- TRENDnet's Industry leading 3-Year warranty with unlimited 24/7 Technical support
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Trendnet's Twin AV Nano Adapter Kit TPL-406E2K
- 2 x TPL-406E adapters
- 1 x Multi-language quick installation guide
- 1 x Utility CD-ROM
- 2 x 1.5m Ethernet cables
From the Manufacturer
Founded in Torrance, California, TRENDnet has grown to become a leading global networking hardware brand. From the network core to the periphery, TRENDnet's expansive product portfolio includes Wireless, Wired, Surveillance, Connectivity and Peripheral device categories.
- In 2008 TRENDnet was the first networking hardware brand to launch energy saving GREENnet technology which reduces networking hardware power consumption by up to 70 per cent.
TPL-406E2K 500 Mbps Nano Powerline Ethernet Adapter
The Powerline 500 AV Nano Adapter Kit, model TPL-406E2K, uses any electrical outlet to create a secure high speed network. Connect the first adapter to your network and plug the second adapter into any outlet on your electrical system for instant high speed network access.
The compact form factor saves space around crowded electrical outlets. This adapter automatically connects to other TRENDnet Powerline AV adapters with no installation required—TRENDnet recommends pressing the ‘Sync’ button to automatically change default encryption keys.
- Includes two TPL-406E adapters
- 500 Mbps networking from an electrical outlet
- Compact form factor saves space
- Up to 80 per cent power savings
- Use one unit to transmit and up to 7 additional TPL-406Es to receive a network signal*
Use Up to Eight Adapters to Network Devices in Different Rooms
Use up to eight adapters to network devices in different rooms without running new cabling. Power Save mode reduces power consumption by up to 80 per cent. Quality of Service (QoS) technology prioritises video, audio and online gaming. LED displays convey device status for easy troubleshooting. Enhanced 128-bit AES encryption secures your network. This adapter is ideal for use in buildings that interfere with wireless networking signals.
|TPL-407E2K 500 Mbps Nano Powerline with AC Pass Through||TPL-410APK 500Mbps Powerline Wireless N300 Extender Starter Kit||TPL-4052E 500 Mbps Powerline Adapter with 4 x 10/100 Switch||TPL-408E2K 500 Mbps AV2 Powerline Gigabit Ethernet Adapter|
|Powerline Speed Up to||500 Mbps||500 Mbps||500 Mbps||500 Mbps|
|Wireless speed up to||300 Mbps|
|You won't lose a socket||✓|
|Ethernet Ports||x 1||x 1||x 4||x 1 Gigabit|
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
They work flawlessly and fast (far faster than wi-fi), and importantly for my confidence to leave them on, run just warm to the touch. I gather from reviews of some others that this is not always the case (TP-Link for example, which allegedly runs quite hot).
Use one unit at TV connected to a Netgear LAN switch to provide four connections to TV, Media box, Freeview box etc. All works fine without any hitches.
Far exceeded my expectations. Read instruction book about enabling encryption if you want to minimise risk of a neighbour logging on to your network!
Basic operation is pretty much plug-it-in-and-it-works.
There are however issues with configuring the wifi, which you will need to do if you want to change from the default password. You will need an ethernet connected computer or laptop plugged into the device - Wifi connection won't cut it. You'll then need to mess with your IP settings so that your computer is configured with a fixed IP. The manual is on DVD rom. I'm an IT professional and it took me an hour, so good luck with it if you don't know your TCP/IP from your DNS.
What I really want from a powerline adapter is for it to be plug-and-play, and these are exactly that. You plug one into your router (using the enclosed ethernet cable) and the other into another socket in your house, and connect that to whatever device(s) you're wanting the receive internet signal on (again via ethernet cable). Then you just press the sync button on each and they automatically detect each other. That's it. Once you've set them up you never have to touch them again (even if you unplug them or move them to a different socket).
I now have three of these, including the one that's plugged into the router, and after two weeks I haven't experienced any issues whatsoever with the signal. The four ports mean I can accommodate ample devices on each hub.
I only have one gripe with these. Most home plugs I've used in the past can be mix-and-matched. By this I mean that you can buy one from one brand and it will connect to one of another brand. This does not appear to be the case with these ones. They didn't connect to either of the ones I already had, so I had to replace the lot with these. If this is your first time using home plugs and you therefore don't have any existing ones, this won't be a problem for you, but if you do already have home plugs installed that aren't made by TRENDnet, it's worth noting that these probably won't work with them.
Using a pair of these TPL-406E devices, I have one plugged in by my computer in my bedroom and the other plugged in by the Internet router. I've had these for several weeks now and they work flawlessly. My Internet connection is now just as good as if I moved my computer into the lounge and plugged it in directly to the router via Ethernet.
These devices were very easy to set up, I literally just plugged them in and they started working.
With hindsight, I wish I'd bought the model which includes the Wifi access point. This would provide a decent Internet connection to my phone, laptop and iPad when I use them in my bedroom.
I bought the pair of these for £22, which I consider to be an absolute bargain.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very good, works across my building with a mix of single and three-phase supply.
Had one go faulty but was replaced by Trendnet very quickly no questions asked.
After using this product for a year, I can now make a ful reivew. the product did often show a red light (persuming to be a bad thing) but the product did still work perfectly with... Read morePublished 15 days ago by Amazon Customer
I have tested many other and they did not work (second floor) but this one DOES do the job. Only 75mbs on 1G network but 75 is more than need especially where none other would work... Read morePublished 20 days ago by M. Tatarka
These seems well made and do what they are supposed to do. No problems setting up or using.Published 1 month ago by Peter B
The first box delivered stopped working after 6 months. It was replaced free of charge and the second box delivered has now also stopped working after around 6 months. Read morePublished 1 month ago by L T.