- Also check our best rated Powerline Adapter reviews
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
TRENDnet TPL-406E2K Powerline 500 AV Mini Network Starter Kit, Up to 500 Mbps Over Existing Electrical Lines
|Price:||£21.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details|
|You Save:||£18.00 (45%)|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Extend your home network by using the current electrical wiring in your home for a fast, stable and secure connection. No configuration is needed. All TRENDnet Powerline adapters are Plug and Play ready
- This starter kit comes with 2 compact adapters that blends into your surroundings without sacrificing both power outlets
- Connect over existing eletrical lines for homes up to 5,000 square feet with speeds up to 500 Mbps for seamless streaming of 1080p Full HD or 3D HD video and online gaming
- 500 Mbps is the maximum theoretical Powerline data rate when connected to another Powerline device. Data throughput may vary by circuit wire conditions. Powerline communication works on a single electrical system. (Usually controlled by a single distribution panel). Power strip, GFCI outlets, and AFCI circuit breakers may degrade Powerline network signals.
- TRENDnet's Industry leading 3-Year warranty with unlimited 24/7 Technical support
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
•Extend your home network by using the current electrical wiring in your home for a fast, stable and secure connection. No configuration is needed. All TRENDnet Powerline adapters are Plug and Play ready •This starter kit comes with 2 compact adapters that blends into your surroundings without sacrificing both power outlets •Connect over existing eletrical lines for homes up to 5,000 square feet with speeds up to 500 Mbps for seamless streaming of 1080p Full HD or 3D HD video and online gaming •500 Mbps is the maximum theoretical Powerline data rate when connected to another Powerline device. Data throughput may vary by circuit wire conditions. Powerline communication works on a single electrical system. (Usually controlled by a single distribution panel). Power strip, GFCI outlets, and AFCI circuit breakers may degrade Powerline network signals. •TRENDnet's Industry leading 3-Year warranty with unlimited 24/7 Technical support
- 2 x TPL-406E adapters
- 1 x Multi-language quick installation guide
- 1 x Utility CD-ROM
- 2 x 1.5m Ethernet cables
From the manufacturer
Founded in Torrance, California, TRENDnet has grown to become a leading global networking hardware brand. From the network core to the periphery, TRENDnet's expansive product portfolio includes Wireless, Wired, Surveillance, Connectivity and Peripheral device categories.
- In 2008 TRENDnet was the first networking hardware brand to launch energy saving GREENnet technology which reduces networking hardware power consumption by up to 70 per cent.
TPL-406E2K 500 Mbps Nano Powerline Ethernet Adapter
The Powerline 500 AV Nano Adapter Kit, model TPL-406E2K, uses any electrical outlet to create a secure high speed network. Connect the first adapter to your network and plug the second adapter into any outlet on your electrical system for instant high speed network access.
The compact form factor saves space around crowded electrical outlets. This adapter automatically connects to other TRENDnet Powerline AV adapters with no installation required—TRENDnet recommends pressing the ‘Sync’ button to automatically change default encryption keys.
- Includes two TPL-406E adapters
- 500 Mbps networking from an electrical outlet
- Compact form factor saves space
- Up to 80 per cent power savings
- Use one unit to transmit and up to 7 additional TPL-406Es to receive a network signal*
Use Up to Eight Adapters to Network Devices in Different Rooms
Use up to eight adapters to network devices in different rooms without running new cabling. Power Save mode reduces power consumption by up to 80 per cent. Quality of Service (QoS) technology prioritises video, audio and online gaming. LED displays convey device status for easy troubleshooting. Enhanced 128-bit AES encryption secures your network. This adapter is ideal for use in buildings that interfere with wireless networking signals.
|TPL-407E2K 500 Mbps Nano Powerline with AC Pass Through||TPL-410APK 500Mbps Powerline Wireless N300 Extender Starter Kit||TPL-4052E 500 Mbps Powerline Adapter with 4 x 10/100 Switch||TPL-408E2K 500 Mbps AV2 Powerline Gigabit Ethernet Adapter|
|Powerline Speed Up to||500 Mbps||500 Mbps||500 Mbps||500 Mbps|
|Wireless speed up to||300 Mbps|
|You won't lose a socket||✓|
|Ethernet Ports||x 1||x 1||x 4||x 1 Gigabit|
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
They work flawlessly and fast (far faster than wi-fi), and importantly for my confidence to leave them on, run just warm to the touch. I gather from reviews of some others that this is not always the case (TP-Link for example, which allegedly runs quite hot).
Use one unit at TV connected to a Netgear LAN switch to provide four connections to TV, Media box, Freeview box etc. All works fine without any hitches.
Far exceeded my expectations. Read instruction book about enabling encryption if you want to minimise risk of a neighbour logging on to your network!
Using a pair of these TPL-406E devices, I have one plugged in by my computer in my bedroom and the other plugged in by the Internet router. I've had these for several weeks now and they work flawlessly. My Internet connection is now just as good as if I moved my computer into the lounge and plugged it in directly to the router via Ethernet.
These devices were very easy to set up, I literally just plugged them in and they started working.
With hindsight, I wish I'd bought the model which includes the Wifi access point. This would provide a decent Internet connection to my phone, laptop and iPad when I use them in my bedroom.
I bought the pair of these for £22, which I consider to be an absolute bargain.
UPDATE 22/09/2016: These adaptors developed a problem after a few months. My PC loses network connectivity at least once per day. I have to unplug the adaptor and plug it in again, problem solved. It's a minor inconvenience, not great if you're playing poker online!
I considered powerline adapters that were £50-£70 but am very pleased that I went for these for £24.99 at the time of purchasing.
Talk about plug and play.. unless you are a total donut, you'll be able to shove one into a socket and router.. and the other into a socket and computer, all with cables provided. I instantly got 62mbps from my quoted 100mbps Virgin broadband.
Added this pair so now 3 nodes.
One happily carries single video stream from house server or fps gaming traffic.
The other node runs 60m+ to a pool pump room and doesn't seem to suffer from mains noise generated by the pumps. Generally that only carries audio streams (music for the pool).
Installed in August 2016 and going well.
Works for me with the adapter plugged into a 4-gang extension too.
In general, they perform well and I have added small switches to allow multiple devices to share the connections.
However, I have found that they often drop offline for no reason and require rebooting before the will work again. They also get quite hot and I have had a one completely fail because of overheating.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews