on 14 November 2013
Got this a while ago to update my internet card and it works completely fine, not sure if it's running at max efficiency due to me having mostly old parts but it's up-to-date with the latest routers so it helps to keep things running a bit more smoothly, it disconnects far less than the older card (which is only once or twice a month compared to the couple times a week), and helps re-connects more quickly back to BT when they go down for maintenance work for up to an hour, soon as they have done it's back on straight away, i love how good wireless cards are getting. The router is downstairs in the sitting room too so it's quite a distance away but my connection is still Very Good *as it says on my wireless connection icon*. It is very fast and helps me reach further speeds, it increased to 35 mbps (that's download speed for the average internet browsing from using Speed Test) and when i'm downloading Steam games it fluctuates mostly around 450 mpbs but can reach up to 650 mbps but only for brief moments, (so average is 450)it fluctuates with how many people are on though so at some points of the day it will slow down obviously, generally it's still very fast even when the speeds go slower though thanks to this card :).
on 28 April 2013
Well after breaking my USB adapter I decided to get one that does not hang out the back of the PC. So, I got this one from TP-Link as its a PCi card with just the antenna out the back. Perfect! ... or so I thought.

Driver and utility issues. The driver version that comes with this was V2. which at the time of writing this is the latest version. I'm now stuck with a card I cant use. The utility software does not work at all and the driver appears to install ok, but doesn't. Manual install of driver makes the card work but does not find any networks! (even though its next to my router!).

If you are using Win7 look at others as its a major issue getting this card to function. 4 days in and still not working, tech support from TP-Link is not the best, 2 days to respond with an answer that I have already done!.

I should have listened to others who said avoid TP-Link.
on 30 November 2016
I bought this product to use as a backup incase my current one malfunctions. I only had it in the computer for 30 minutes or so in order to test, and run some benchmarks. what i did experiance from this wireless adapter was a surprisingly high speed considering it to only had the 1 Antenna. The Adapter was extremely easy to insert into the computer, and the antenna is packaged individually, and screws into the adapter once inserted removing the risk of snapping (happened to a previous adapter i bought). I highly recommend using TP-LINK for anything concerning Wireless, or Connectivity. This is a very reliable company, and since using their products have since refused to purchase from any other manufacturer.
on 28 March 2014
I bought this so that I would no longer have to use my wired made wireless through powerline adapter.

Pros
- very cheap price
- easy to install and setup (NOTE: make sure to disable, or un-install your anti-virus software if you can't get this NIC to work)
- does what it says

Cons
- Slower internet speeds compared to wired(expected, but still disappointed)
- Range isn't very good(getting 2-3 bars at most)
- Wouldn't work at first, un-installed anti-virus software then voila

I like having faster internet speeds more than mobility and flexibility. But for a casual user, and for the price, this is a great product.3/5
on 11 December 2012
Simple to install using Windows 7, I popped the install disk in and ran the installer selecting the drivers only.
The card installed fine (with two warnings about missing files, though that may be since I didn't install the additional software) and detected the local networks.

The only addition I would recommend is perhaps the use of an antenna which can be placed somewhere other than the back of the PC. I picked up the TP-Link TL-ANT2405C Omni-Directional Antenna at the same time and saw a significant improvement in my reception.
on 20 March 2013
I now have 2 of these in the house along with the the TP-Link TL-ANT2405C 2.4GHz 5dbi Indoor Omni-Directional Antenna on both.

Both installed easily and with the antenna on the furthest aways pc gets a decent signal 4-5 in my house.

I have tested it on both windows 7 and (Ubuntu 12.04 and Mint 14 Mate) both 64bit when istalling both OS's the networkcard is picked up and avaiable from base ISO burn so no problems there.

All is good.
on 18 September 2012
I bought this to replace an old Netgear WG111v2 USB adapter on our 'back up' PC. This is in an upstairs back bedroom and the router, a Sky Sagecom F@ST2504n, is on the ground floor near the front of the house some 9 metres or so away- via a couple of internal walls and a floor. Installation consisted of plugging in the card, inserting the CD, selecting the model number of the card and the installation software does the rest; the only additional action required being to select one from the list of connections it finds and key in the appropriate password. It really could not be much more straightforward.
Other people have commented on poor signal strength but I have not found this to be the case. The number of potential connections (one supposes they're routers in the neighbouring houses- which are all detached in our road) is greater than those displayed by either my iphone or ipad, and the software indicator consistently puts it at around 85% for my own router connection.
Using a broadband speed testing service, the download and upload speeds of the Wi-Fi connected 'back up' PC and my main PC which is connected to the router via an ethernet cable are identical. (D/load ~6.7 Mb/s and upload ~0.7 Mb/s. I'm no expert so it may be that these tests only reflect the performance of the router outwards in which case I suppose one shouldn't be surprised that this is the case).
It's early days but so far no reliabilty, or indeed any other issues have arisen. If your circumstances are similar to mine this would seem an excellent value-for-money solution.
on 6 February 2014
I bought this to add to a WIndows 7 (64-bit) PC. It is only connected to a Wireless G router so I cannot comment on its Wireless N performance, but it is giving me full signal strength at full 54Mbps.
I was disappointed that Windows 7 did not recognise the card automatically - not even via Windows Update - so that was a bit of messing about getting the right driver and installing it, hence one star lost.
on 15 April 2013
Very easy to fit, with decent instructions and drivers on a CD.

Picked up my wireless network effortlessly - setup was a synch on Windows XP.

Also surprisingly speedy - so much more so than one of the USB dongles.

I didn't have any problems with reception (as per some of the other reviews) - got a full number of reception bars on Windows XP.

Thoroughly recommended.
on 10 May 2013
Arrived a day early so I'm happy. Easy enough installation. Used to have a laptop but built a gaming pc instead. Was using a ethernet cable which ran all the way up the stairs and looked hideous so I bought this! Ethernet internet speed was 100Mb/s with 200-400kb/s download speed (I know I need to change, 200kb/s is disgusting!) and this wireless adapter gets 54Mb/s with the same download speed. But there is no noticeable difference in internet speed. I'm using the computer far from the router so I average around 2-3 bars for my connection but it's still good. I probably will not get rid of the ethernet cable just yet in case the adapter stops working for any reason. Once I change my ISP I will try it out with the cable and without to see which is better and stick with the best. So overall: Great for the price! PS: The antenna is also detachable (some reviews said that it is not)