Customer reviews

TP-LINK TL-SG1016 16-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch
Style: 16 Port Rackmount|Change

on 11 March 2014
Don't let the price fool you, this is a decent switch!

In my job (as an IT network engineer) I've come across some atrocious network switches that were the usual cause of network failures at remote sites (Intellinet being a notorious example, regularly needing a power-cycle to get them going again). The odd TP-Link switch was out and about there as well, but as far as I'm aware we never had a moment's trouble with them. They're cheap, but they're certainly not nasty, otherwise I wouldn't have bought one for home (this switch feeds out to pretty much every room in the house).

If you're after gigabit networking on a budget, look no further.
on 17 June 2014
Wow. Excellent value managed switch. All basic L2 facilities provided. Web GUI very logical and well laid out. CLI provided via usual serial console interface but GUI much easier to use (my old CISCO instructor would squirm).
I needed a managed switch to Link aggregate a number of connections (Synology NAS X4 Gig, VESA mounted Mini-PC X2 Gig). LACP dynamically sorted this for me now multiple HD streaming to numerous Media Players no problem via 8 Gig Etherchannel.
Fanless so can place almost anywhere. Doesn't get overly hot (I live in Med country and copes well with heat).
A great budget solution for Home and SME networks.
on 16 March 2017
Works great for a beginner home rack system, I use mine to split out a 1GB/s to the house's smart TV's through powerlines (Netgear 1000 mbps) and it works great. It comes with some mounting ears for a rack and I just added some rubber feet to make it a desktop version. 10/10 product.
on 20 March 2017
It is silent and can sit quite happily on any desk at almost any angle, I have it standing on it's arse end with sockets coming out on top and still without fan it does not get hot as there is ventilation wholes both sides and rear.

I have used this heavily testing some transfers and things too, still no issues and it never gets hot! :)
on 28 March 2013
Having been an avid user of Netgear switches, saw this was highly recommended by others, so thought I would give it a try, as I need to increase my number of outlets and reposition my old switch to another location, the only thing I don't like is that the outlets for the ethernet cables is on the front, but that is beside the point, this switch is the best one I have had and was very easy to set up.
on 22 July 2017
Does what it says on the tin. Came quite quick. Installed easily. Switches all my IP equipment 24/7
Previously I was 100% Netgear but decided to switch (no pun intended) and TP Link is just as good.
on 8 October 2017
Plugged in cables, switched on. It worked and has continued working ever since with no issues. I don’t push the speed hard so can’t say if throughput is as expected.
on 25 April 2014
I've had this switch for almost 2 years, it has been on and running non-stop (connected to router, NAS, PCs, TV, Sonos etc) virtually the whole time without any problems. Completely silent, never gets even warm, never needed to be rebooted, completely reliable.
on 5 July 2017
Scarily, I'm already running low on ports - this is a house. Works really well.
on 22 July 2017
Well, this is great solidly built unit it's really nice to use and has a great layout for the ports and LED indicators.