TOP 100 REVIEWERon 26 April 2012
Bought this single to add to an existing pair. I was surprised that a "network" of these works so easily and simply via a single connection to the router - but they do.

I will repeat the comment I made in my review of the pair I first bought - the pairing instructions do work, if you take them absolutely literally. I struggled because I expected some sort of response from the unit when holding the button down to say "I've gone in to pairing mode", and if you hold the button for about 10 seconds, the lights do indeed flash - so I thought this was it. I had many attempts at this, and it doesn't work. But if you just hold the button, count to 5, and let go (there is no indication from the unit that anything has happened), it just works, first time.

These may seem expensive, but they are so much less hassle than running cat5 cables, and so much more reliable than wireless. Now we have my son's bedroom and the SKY HD box connected to the router via these. They are excellent.
on 6 July 2011
I purchased a single one of these to add to an existing pair of 200Mbps powerline adapters of a 'premium' brand.

I already have one adapter connected to to my router and a wireless one that I move around but the wife keeps stealing it for her Lap Top as they work so well.

Looking for a cheap third adapter ( so she will stop taking mine), I saw this and thought take a punt it's cheap.

The actual adapter came boxed and well packaged. It is far slimmer than my other PL adapters and still runs cooler. There is no more lag than there is with the other adapters and it connected straight away using the easy connect button even though it is a different make.

There is absolutely nothing to criticise re this adapter , it is just as good as the
well known 'premium' powerline brand and maybe even better due to cool running and slim profile.

As a result of owning this product , I will confidently purchase TP-Link products again.
66 Comments| 160 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 September 2014
Bought 3 of them and all 3 broke after 1-2 years. All replaced by Amazon or directly by TP-Link.
As technology is not extremely reliable and the stated speeds are, of course, purely estimated as interference on the power lines can really disrupt the connection. Still better as ping for gamers than Wifi.
I received the old version of the powerplug not the shiny white one in the picture. Let's see how long they'll last.
Kudos to the customer service though
on 14 January 2014
I use this for my Sky box as I have two other adapters already in the house, its a brilliant product.
on 9 November 2012
I bought the TL-PA 211 kit last 8 months ago as had difficulties getting wireless in one upstairs room. As others have said the instructions could be a clearer as the adaptors are really quite easy to set. I have not used the utility disc which may have its uses but is not essential to basic first time set up. The essential steps are:

1. Plug in one powerline adaptor to a power socket near your router and connect with supplied cable to your router.
2. Plug the second adaptor to a nearby power socket (even if you intend to use the adaptor further away as once set up (i.e paired) it can be moved to its permanent position.)
3. Press the pair button on the first powerline adaptor (the one connected to the router at 1 above), count to 5 and release.
4. In less than 2 minutes go to second adaptor and press its pair button, count to 5 and release.
5. Your adaptors should pair (ie connect) within 60 seconds.

You then connect your laptop or whatever with a cable to the second adaptor and should be able to access the internet. If you wish to move the the second adaptor simply unplug and plug in to a different power socket. There is no need to repeat the pairing process.

These adapters have provided a reliable connection upstairs where I was having wireless problems. Excellent. No flaky wireless and no trailing cables all round the house. Highly recommended.

I was so pleased that I recently bought a further adaptor to connect my sky + box to use sky anytime. To add this adaptor, I simply pressed the pair button on one of the existing adaptors for 5 seconds and then plugged in the new adaptor near the sky box. Pressed the pair button for 5 seconds. Then linked adaptor with Sky box using a short cable. Job done! I hope this helps other buyers to get up and running without frustration!

Ps A 1 metre cable is supplied with the adaptor so no need to buy one.
on 8 January 2014
I have 2 Talktalk powerline adaptors to connect the PC and broadband input in one room with the TV in another and needed a third to link up a laptop upstairs. I tried to buy a single adaptor from Talktalk so I would have three identical items, but found the call centre unable to be much help; they said they only had the PLA's in pairs and were unable to tell me the specification for their model, which, frankly, was pathetic. Rather than make numerous calls to Talktalk, which has produced somebody who knows what he is talking about eventually, which I have done in the past, I decided to take a chance and buy one of these 200Mbps models without even knowing the Mbps rating for the Talktalk ones, given the relative sums involved. When I plugged the new model in with the laptop the PLA by the broadband input failed to recognise it. I then switched them round, so the new model went into the broadband input plug and the Talktalk pair went to the to distant machines. This "forced" the new PLA to get recognised and that seemed to force the two Talktalk ones, in turn, to fall into line. Having worked for a while like this, the new PLA upstairs stopped recognising the new model by the broadband access. I kept on pressing the little button on the new model and the did similarly with the PLA by the laptop and after a while the new three-way system seemed to habituate and keep connected, which, touch wood, continues 3 weeks on.
I give the product 3*, on the above basis, but if my new configuration keeps going indefinitely without damaging any of the pieces involved, we will have a successful application and at a third of the price of buying a second set of two from Talktalk.
I'm not particularly up in this area and so any comments from others on my above experience would be very much appreciated.
on 22 September 2013
I needed another slave adapter to join my TP link system as I already had one linking my router, which is in another part of the property, to the Sky+HD box in the lounge and I wanted to set up a TalkTalk Youview Box and an X box 360 in the games room. I ordered the nano unit to join my older standard TP-Link 200mbps system and it was plug and play. Didn't even have to press the link button, just plugged it in and connected the Lan cable and the link was established. It's rock solid and performs very well even though the room it's in is on a separate spur and is removed from the transmission unit, which is on a completely different ring main, by the consumer box.
Perfect product for solving Lan issues.
on 21 February 2012
TP-Link TL-PA211 200Mbps Mini Powerline Ethernet Adapter - Single Pack

Introduced this into a Network started with Sky router to a pair of D-Link DHP-307AV/B 200 MBPS PowerLine Homeplugs and a T-Link Swithch and it worked flawlessly. Chose it because it's cheaper but it does the job just as good as it's more expensive counterparts
Setup - Router to First D-Link Homeplug - 2nd D-Link Homeplug to T-Link Switch which fuels a Smart TV and Popbox respectively. This TP-Link Adapter fuels the PC.
Well done Me.....................
Cheers
on 9 April 2013
Ten out of ten to the team at Wiziwoo. for helping me get my three TP Links working.

Confusingly I now have two Mini Powerline adapters and one Nano Powerline adapter. The Nanos are smaller and newer, and they ARE compatible with the Minis. They don't look the same, but the model numbers are the same.

Could I pair them properly? Quite simply, no. I managed to get two working, but not the third. In desperation I phoned Wiziwoo, and Ben helped me out. The best thing to do is to foregt the button pressing and download the Powerline Utility, plug one end of the enclosed Ethernet cable into your computer and the other into the adapter (plugged into the mains) and click on "reset local device". Do the same for all your adapters, and hey presto they will all talk to each other.

My main Virgin Media hub is upstairs in the study, where I have the first adapter plugged into the mains. I have a second one for my Smart TV as well as a booster hub the wifi, and the third one is another room downstairs, allowing me to hardware a laptop into it giving me 100Mbs.

Don't be frightened of calling Ben at Wiziwoo. He'll guide you through setting these devices up properly. Once you've done it, you then have internet heaven around your whole house.
on 9 November 2011
I bought this product to add to my powerline network which consisted of 2 POWERLINE AV ETHERNET ADAPTER
XAV101 from Netgear. To be honnest, I was afraid it wouldn't be compatible as not from the same brand but it worked as soon as I plugged it in. No need to pair, I got an internet connection straight away. It was hard to find any info online on whether they would be compatible so I can't say about other brands but it works with my 20 mbits Netgear Powerline Adapters, that's for sure!

I live in a house from about 1890 so the wiring must not be that great but it still gives me nearly 3 times more speed than a wireless connection when I connect to my Nas Drive (QNAP TS-210) which is downstairs, plugged into my Sky router.

I had spent much much much more on my Netgear pair and now don't see any reason of spending so much again. This TP-Link Mini Powerline Adapter is great!

And it says on the box there's a 3 year warranty so I'm quite confident it's durable!

Had never heard of that brand before but I'm very satisfied now!

Enjoy!