on 31 March 2015
I bought this to add to my new digital studio as it has so many good reviews, however please bear with it as the install process is difficult.

I've only recently turned to PC recording having used various portastudios over the years, and figured i'd try something a little simpler. PAH! Jeezo if you want simple buy an Ipad and get Garageband. It does all you need and you won't be pulling your hair out!! But as it was, i had a kickass PC that was feeling dejected after i gave up World of Warcraft (only made it to lvl 93 but thought enough was enough. Dreanor was lovely but i needed a break) and figured i should get creative.

Stupid idea.

The problem with PC recording (and why i stuck to portastudios) is that you need to spend weeks/months/years learning how to use all the new software and it really is off-putting when all i want to do is plug and play. The DAW i chose was Reaper, simply because it was cheap, good and had loads of youtube tutorial vids, and also as many Reaper users recommended Superior Drummer. What could possibly go wrong?

Firstly do NOT download these discs straight away- you'll waste time. GO TO THE TOONTRACK WEBSITE, CREATE AN ACCOUNT AND START DOWNLOAD PROCESS FROM THERE!!!!!! Afterwards it was pretty simple and the stand alone player was ace. Then came the next problem. TOONTRACK PUT THE .dll FILE IN TOTALLY RANDOM PLACES- FIGURE WHERE IT WENT DURING DOWNLOADING, OR SEARCH ALL .dll FILES ON YOUR PC OTHERWISE IT WON'T SHOW IN REAPER!!!!

Sorry, i don't like "shouting" in reviews, but if you heed this then you should avoid all the problems i had.

Otherwise the sounds and flexibility of this software are incredible. It really is wonderfully adaptable and the sounds are clear and expressive. I've had experience in professional studios as a performer, and have witnessed severe ProTools mopping up of inaccurate drumming where a reaper plugin would have sufficed. It really is all you could ever need if you are unable to record a full drumkit.

I'd give it a full 5* write up, but the pains from setting it up were numerous.
on 8 September 2014
I am not a drummer, so having something to create my drum tracks on had to be easy to use and sound great. Luckily this meets the criteria! I use this as a plug in for my Pro Tools 11. Toontrack offer very good support and I had everything I needed in order to achieve compatibility with my machine and recording software. Highly recommended!
on 12 July 2013
Great price for what you get, and you get so much with it, this is the industry standard, and it deserves this renown
There's so much to it and it's a lot simpler to use than on first glance, just plain amazing, and the best quality recordings
Amazing
on 29 April 2014
Bought this drumming software for my son who's at Leeds college of music he loves it as it's very powerful software which he needs for his music studies.
One person found this helpful
on 25 February 2014
I have been used this product far too little. But this seems to be very usefull and nice vtc-instrument to use. Maybe this is little bit pricey at the time, but I think that more use of this and more experience with this and the product will be worth the money.
on 23 December 2013
The product is unbelievably good for the money. Really straight-forward user interface, fantastic sounds, very flexible - one of my go-to music programs. Before this I used Native instruments Battery and thought it was good but Superior drummer blows it away. Brilliant
on 6 December 2014
Superior drummer is the most incredible drum replacement program imaginable! It's simply superior!
on 5 October 2014
Just brilliant enough said really.
on 3 May 2013
Worked straight out of the box, endless scope for tweaking and tailoring sounds and feel, rich and very natural sounds, a joy to use!
on 2 April 2014
I use Reason and bought this to make the drums sound better. Unfortunately it's not what we wanted. the sounds are OK, but very clinical. We can't get it to sound like a 'real' drum kit