TNP Accessories Rubber Hexa Hex Dumbbells (Pair) Weight Set Solid Dumbbell
|Price:||£8.99 - £156.99|
- High quality Solid Cast Dumbbell Encased In Rubber
- Solid Metal Chrome Finish Contoured (Ergo) Handles
- Protects Floors and Equipments
- Pinned Heads For Commercial or Home Use
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Training with dumbbells allows you to select resistance training exercises based on their similarity to actual movements that occurs during sports. Dumbbells require more balance than training with barbells or machines, and balance is crucial for optimal performance. Dumbbells also require more muscular control than barbells, thus enhancing kinesthetic awareness. The best part of training with dumbbells is it allows the athlete to train through a greater range of motion than barbells on some exercises. Understand that it is sometimes more valuable to trade heavy weights (Barbells) for more sport-specific movements.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Showing 1-5 of 241 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
They are consistently reliable regarding the reported weight, and are remarkably compact too.
I love the design of these - the hexagonal rubber design means they do not roll away, and do not mark the floors. I find the handles comfortable, and a pleasure to use.
Excellent design / shape
First month or so they give off a noticable rubber smell, but this does go away
As they are made out of rubber, they do fill the room with that fresh rubber smell. The first night was like sleeping at the Durex factory. This went away within a few days and is not something that can be avoided. I have read complaints and poor reviews due to this; what do you want them to do?! You could spend more on metal weights.
These weights are not adjustable and this is the only consideration I would have when choosing between these and a set of metal discs. I use these for dumbbell bench press, rows, shoulder press, squats, (a few) bicep curls, dumbbell dead lift and skull crushers. Only advice if you are to use them in a similar way is to pick a weight that is within your ability on a range of exercises.
I will be buying a pair of 16's next and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.
Something else to consider about rubber hex dumbbells in general. I see two major advantages:
1) Being hexagonal, they don't roll around, which makes them ideal for performing P90X routines that involve pushing up then lifting dumbbells.
2) They are more convenient than having to change over metal plates every two seconds (a real nuisance during the P90X Back and Biceps 'strip curl' routine at the end, which requires four different sizes of dumbbell) and easier to handle for certain tricep exercises than the wide-barred adjustable dumbbells. With the rubber hex ones, you just grab one pair, go, put back, grab another pair, go! Storage-wise, I've gone for the ten-pair triangular dumbbell tree, which takes up very little floor space - better in the a space-limited home than those wider two/three-tiered racks.
I look forward to using these for many years to come and my three sons already see these as an investment in their future home fitness. Five stars!
No carpet marks and the weight is accurate (see attached photo).
You can smell the rubber on the weights, but this was as expected with 'Rubber' dumbbells, so I'm not sure why the '2 star' reviewers expected anything different. Hardly noticeable, fading already.
On the downside (and hence 4 stars), when I unpacked these, they had a very strong, nauseating rubber smell, coming off the coating on the weights. Some reviewers have said to leave them outside to air for a day or so. Well mine were outside for almost a week. Yes, most of the strong smell has gone. But when using them, the smell is still noticeably there, particularly if you have a strong sense of smell. Oh and washing them or spraying with Fabreze does little or nothing. So if you do purchase, be aware of this.