- Also check our best rated Xbox 360 Game reviews
Conan (Xbox 360)
- Utilise a deep and gratifying combat system that offers a variety of fighting styles to battle enemies. Through multiple movement trees, players can string together combos and fight foes using grappling moves, hand-to-hand combat, sword fights and dual-wielded attacks
- Highly interactive combat locations and real-time physics allows players to pick up any weapons in sight, such as swords, axes, spears and torches, and use surrounding environmental elements to inflict damage on enemies
- The Conan video game harnesses next generation hardware to deliver a cinematic game play experience, complete with innovative special effects, lighting and a powerful, epic soundtrack, to capture the essence of the Conan universe
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Platform: Xbox 360
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Conan (Xbox 360)
Conan is an action adventure video game featuring a story of epic brutality, sheer evil and visceral combat within an expansive fantasy setting. Follow the journey of Conan the Cimmerian as he fights a vicious battle against a variety of enemies and an elusive power that threatens to consume the world. Using everything at his disposal, including deadly weapons and environmental objects, Conan must fight everything in his path as he traverses a variety of unique realms within the Hyborian world.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Wherever you read a review of this game you are going to see comparisons to God of War and that is not without justification because A.) god of war and the brilliant GoW2 took this genre to a whole new level on a console that doesn't carry half as much heft as it's next gen brothers, and B.) Conan tries to imitate it, but in a much more watered down fashion and not with nearly enough polish to help it snatch the crown from Kratos' shiny noggin.
So this isn't sounding very positive is it, but there are some redeeming features which I attempt shall list below:
- the animation for the hugely (and I emphasize the word 'hugely') gruesome and violent moves is top notch, cue tons of slow-mo blood spurting, intestine flinging madness and bodies blitzed in twain (both ways). This makes the moves enormously satisfying to pull off - although the over the top violence will only sate the 12 year old inside of us for a little while and soon it just becomes part and parcel.
- The combat system is solid enough and moves can be pulled of with ease and precision.
- The achievements are pretty cool and quite fun to unlock (dismember 100 enemies etc.Read more ›
It reminds me of a favorite game on the PC called 'Blade of Severance' The graphics are not in the same league as 'Gears of War' or a 'Killzone' but they are still beautiful. As an owner (and fan of) God of war 1 & 2, in my opinion they are better. The higher resolution makes the difference, and the makers have captured the ambience and atmosphere of the Conan world perfectly. The audio is very good too.
I don't think the Videos online do this game justice at all. I've played it a Samsung 226CW PC LCD screen and on an Epson Projector and the game looks stunning on both.
Admittedly, the cut scenes are it's weakest part especially if you were to compare them to Heavenly sword but they do the job of progressing the story. The game-play itself is superb. Arms, legs, and yes Heads too all come flying off sometimes in slowmo when you perfect a particular attack. There are loads of cool moves to learn as well.
The other thing I really like about the game compared to God of war, is that I prefer the weapons used. You can use Two-handed swords and pole-blades, single swords or axes with a shield or two swords. The bloody combat seems more realistic than when you are swinging two blades around on the end of chains. You can see more of the action during close combat. Plus they have modelled the Conan character brilliantly.
This is one of my favourite games at the moment..
In short, this game feels very much like an "old school" hack and slash game and probably shouldn't be as fun as it is, but there's something about it I just love.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
well its not golden axe but i suppose its a hack an slash fighting game if thats what you likePublished on 31 Mar. 2014 by littleguy
You are Conan The Barbarian from Cimmeria, in a quest to retrieve his magic armour, scattered by an evil wizard, accidentally released by Conan, and with it to end a terrible curse... Read morePublished on 23 Feb. 2014 by Francisco Miguel Mendonça
Never really been one for platform games, but was surprised. Was so easy to play. Would recommend if you like blood and guts action!!!Published on 29 Jan. 2014 by sharon
I found the game to be very good fun for all the family with plenty of challenges for all and the story just pulls you along to the next task to complete
a game that caputures the soul of the books and the gore and violence that appeals to the video game playersPublished on 1 Feb. 2013 by ian forsyth
Loosely based on the Robert E Howard novels. It is good fun but gets really hard after a while. I have played the ps3 version and it is terrible.Published on 29 Jun. 2012 by A. M. C. 2014
To celebrate/ commiserate the fact that a new Conan remake is sneaking ashamedly into cinemas and because my reviews are anything but relevant, it's time to have a look back at... Read morePublished on 6 Sept. 2011 by rohall