- Also check our best rated Xbox 360 Game reviews
WWE 13 (Xbox 360)
- WWE 13 (Xbox 360)
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
- Platform: Xbox 360
- PEGI Rating: Suitable for 16 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 16. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 16 years of age or over.
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Last summer, one man revolutionised the current WWE landscape. In a legendary moment at the end of Monday Night Raw, WWE Superstar CM Punk – as the voice of the voiceless – changed everything the world knew about WWE. Through his words and actions, a new leader emerged to set a higher standard, convey a new brand of attitude and ultimately ignite a revolution among the WWE Universe. His mantra? "Best in the world."
It’s not the first time WWE has seen such rebellion. Nearly 15 years ago, the legendary "Stone Cold" Steve Austin also revolutionized the WWE realm, sparking a new generation of supporters through his relentless, antihero behavior in one of WWE’s most celebrated time periods: the Attitude Era. Why did it happen? In his words, "'Cause Stone Cold said so."
Today, a new crusade is on the horizon, and it doesn’t start with an iconic WWE Superstar on television, online or at a live event. WWE ’13 is imminent, and it’s time to Live the Revolution.
THQ’s flagship WWE videogame franchise returns to provide the most authentic, seamless and passionate experience to date – all while turning up the attitude. WWE '13 will transform WWE gameplay through the introduction of WWE Live, completely changing the way players embrace the videogame’s audio and presentation elements. Predator Technology™ returns to further implement critical gameplay improvements, while fan favorites in WWE Universe Mode and the franchise’s renowned Creation Suite are poised to offer the utmost in player freedom. Furthermore, WWE '13 will introduce a groundbreaking, single-player campaign based on the highly influential Attitude Era. Complete with a robust roster – the largest to date in the franchise – along with a host of additional features, WWE '13 is ready to live a revolution all its own.
- WWE LIVE - Experience the atmosphere, spectacle and fervor of a WWE live event through attention-grabbing Spectacular Moments, including ring breaks and barricade crashes, along with a brand new audio and presentation system designed to produce the most authentic and vibrant commentary, sound effects and crowd participation levels ever experienced in a WWE videogame
- THE ATTITUDE IS BACK - Return to an unparalleled and groundbreaking era in WWE history - a time of pure raucousness, grandiose personalities and colossal revolution - through a franchise-first single player campaign focused on eight purveyors of attitude during the famed television "Monday Night Wars," including WWE Hall of Famer "Stone Cold" Steve Austin
- WWE UNIVERSE 3.0 – Control the virtual WWE experience like never before in the popular career-style mode, as individual decisions throughout gameplay will dynamically introduce matches, alliances, rivalries and unpredictable moments along the path toward becoming a WWE champion
- PREDATOR TECHNOLOGY 2.0 – Driven by new animations, transitions and modified controls, Predator Technology returns to deliver intelligent, fluid and engaging WWE action, resulting in a smoother gameplay experience than its predecessors
- CREATE + SHARE – Utilize the franchise’s industry-defining Creation Suite to develop and customize Superstars, entrances, arenas, finishing moves, storylines, highlight reels and more, as well as share and download creations with others from around the world
- DISTINGUISHED ROSTER – Compete with a vast array of WWE Superstars and Attitude Era luminaries from the largest roster in franchise history, including cover Superstar CM Punk, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, Sheamus, Undertaker, Mankind, Chris Jericho, Big Show and Mark Henry
- SURPRISES IN STORE – Live the Revolution through future announcements, including additional game features, a comprehensive roster reveal, downloadable content and big surprises
Top customer reviews
Attitude Era mode is great. It's a fun history lesson of the 90's and being able to play through it is really fun. Historical bonus objectives allow for extra rewards and fulfilling them is more fun than I expected them to be. Though a dedicated fan could probably get through the entire mode in a day or two, it's still great fun.
Universe Mode has some changes in terms of customisation and allowing you to simulate months or even years at a time. However it does feel a bit tedious sometimes when it books the same main event matches week after week and it begins to feel unrealistic when The Rock is facing Brock Lesnar on Raw for the third week in a row. I've yet to find my comfort zone in this year's Universe Mode but it's not bad.
Gameplay tweaks are noticable but not overbearing. The reversal system has been altered because some people found it difficult last year. However I found it all too easy to reverse moves last year, so I was at first disappointed with the changes. However it doesn't make the game impossible and it actually adds to the matches' authenticity. OMG moments are a nice touch but are basically just environment interactions that require a store finishing move to pull off. They're a nice little touch.
Creation Suite is very similar to last year's, don't bother with the logo editor unless you have a lot of patience for a shoddy design system. CAW is also very similar to last years effort which disappointed me a lot, they haven't done much to improve how the Created Wrestlers look next to the real game ones. They still look fine but it's something they desperately need to improve upon for WWE'14, if THQ are still making WWE games by then. A lot of effort went into the Create-a-Story mode this year and while it's something I haven't tried I've heard it's similar to last year but with a lot more new scenarios to choose from. If i had to say one thing though, you'll want a USB keyboard if you want more than the minimal amount of talking from wrestlers and typing it out with the controller and on-screen keyboard becomes a drag.
The Custom Downloadables is something I haven't tried yet (I don't have Xbox Live currently) however I've heard great things about downloading custom stories and wrestlers that other people have made, including original characters and wrestlers from TNA, ROH or anywhere.Other than that, presentation and sound are both great. The game's main selling point is the Attitude Era mode so if you're tempted I'd say get it just for that on the cheap if you can. I'm a big fan of wrestling and it's video games, so I'll score this as a generous 4/5, take that score with a pinch of salt if you're not as interested though I've tried reviewing everything objectively. Hope this helps!
-*-some Entrances they did with people like chris jericho is absoultely wicked!
-*-Attitude mode with the cut scenes brings all the memories back.
-*-the ability to customize almost everything in universe is very good.
-*-having AI availability as opponents in xbox live was so needed and is there.
-*-they finally have t shirt fittings right (on some t shirts at least)
-*-more alternate attires
-*-Special Referee is finally back.
-*-Gameplay is still glitchy at times, (diving moves from ladders outside to the ringside..)
-*-Universe mode is still massively flawed (things like simming some matches destroys the flow of it entirely).
-*-the attitude mode with mankind/undertaker hell in a cell is flawed so badly that I have given up that mode entirely. (noticed it freezes after you reset the game if mankind beats you)
-*-some of the entrances for the wrestlers are rushed. (kanes is nothing like his, and wish some were longer)
-*-still the xbox live mode servers are kicking you out/Disconnecting.
-*-to get ddp and goldust you have to get the axxess pack
-*-Wish they had more attitude wrestlers like the dudleys/hardyz.
-*-some seemingly lazy programming on THQ's part shows how they've tried to cut corners.
The introduction of WWE Universe mode was a breath of fresh air a few years ago but this years offering is rather stale in comparison. The lack of animations and features really is a let down from previous Universe mode options. Video released by THQ showed choices could be made by the player for how the scene plays out giving more creative control to the user but I have seen no evidence of these scenes being included in the game. I would also like to either have more titles per show or allow 3 shows to compete at the same PPV, it really is a shame that Universe offers very little this year. I do feel that THQ have been abit cheeky with the first DLC offering, as these characters should of been avialable from the get go so it was abit of a rip off.
Positives though are quite huge in this game, the new Attitude Era story mode is excellent, I disliked the Road to Wrestlemania from previous games but the Attitude Era was genuinly fun to play on. Its only let down by the fact you play through historic moments in the attitude era but not all the wrestlers from that momebt are there when you play them, for example no Rick Rude or Chyna joining DX. Which is a bit of a shame. But apart from that the whole game mode was highly enjoyable.
The roster is also very impressive with some excellent choices for the attitude era, of course they are going to miss a few that I would of personnaly loved to of been in the game (Dlo Brown in particualr) and there are a few choices that left me scratching my head (Vader yes he is a Legend but did nothing in the attitude era) but overall a very good choice. The only bad thing about the roster is that the Divas are incredibly out of date I belive there are only active WWE Divas in the game at the moment with Layla, AJ and Natayla set to join within the next few months.
Overall I would of liked the Universe mode to be more interactive, to allow more control over it and I believe that community creations should be free to access but yet again it requires a Gold Membership.
Most recent customer reviews