on 24 May 2008
Unlike the previous reviewer, I am not at all squemish or concerned what other people may think of me for buying these cards. They are beautifully illustrated in jewel like colours, with each suit telling a story. Yes not all the pictures are sweetness and light - but neither is life right? In fact I think the illustrations are very effective for those of use who use our intuition when reading cards.Just as the traditional death card does not fortell an actual physical death; the harsher images in this set are not to be taken literally. I liked the fact that these cards have done away with traditional imagery - allowing for the reader to explore them from a fresh perspective and gain new insights. As a collecter of Tarot decks, I find that with each deck I get a different 'feel' and use them for different spreads and situations. For any fans of elves (as I am) and fantasy stories, I recommend them. I gave the deck 4 stars as I feel the cards not suitable for beginners.
on 13 March 2009
Beautiful set of tarot cards, very imaginative, also bought the book about the story through the cards. Well recommended.
on 9 April 2008
I was eager to try out these tarots as I tend to collect divination cards, and while the graphics are well presented, some of the cards will leave you a little more than unnerved. One has a demonic looking child wielding a sword behind a man meditating; now you just know that's not going to end well. Continuing with the demonic child theme is another card where she's running off, a drenched bloodied sword in one hand, a bunch of flowers in the other while laughing as if she's just won the euro lottery, and a figure in a field wounded or dead. Lovely I thought, that card will put people's minds at ease, NOT. A third card shows a child with her throat slit, now maybe she had it coming according to the other cards who can tell, but honestly, it doesn't fill you with much comfort should it turn up in your reading.

Now to be fair, there are more good cards than child runs amok maiming folk at will cards, but it has kind of put me off getting them out. My sister now thinks I've turned to the dark side, her flaring wide eyes and mouth agape expression on scanning through them gave that game away. The other was when she screeched, mother, have you seen what kind of cards your daughter is buying, subtly not being her mode of operation, so as you can see, this was my first indication that they should stay firmly tucked away and hidden perhaps. Or maybe I could stand them on my hearth to scare children away from the open fire, it works on me.

All I can say is that if these pictures had been the ones shown as an example, then I would not have bought them, still, that's just my opinion, if demonic sword wielding children with a smile like the joker are your thing, then knock yourself out, but I kind of think that once bought you'll never dare shuffle them in case she turns up. I would advise you to look through them first before buying them. I don't mean to be harsh on them but there could be a few of you out there who might think the same as me on seeing them. Sorry to disappoint but it bugged me enough to leave a review.
on 13 November 2014