- Paperback: 328 pages
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press; Ill edition (30 July 1981)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0521297095
- ISBN-13: 978-0521297097
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 1.9 x 22.8 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,617,143 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Syntax (Cambridge Textbooks in Linguistics) Paperback – 30 Jul 1981
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
This textbook introduces the basic concepts of syntax. The approach is thematic, dealing with the nature of syntactic relations and the main types of construction (predication, attribution, coordination etc.). Professor Matthews draws attention to the weakness of much current syntactic theory and considers the problem of indeterminacy, which theorists have been unable to treat in any systematic way.