- Prime Student members get £10 off with a spend of £40 or more on Books. Enter code SAVE10 at checkout. Enter code SAVE10 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Syme Papers Hardcover – 19 Feb 2004
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"'Practically every sentence elicits a gasp of surprise or pleasure... there is truth and beauty here and a lovely story of loneliness and obsession.' Daily Telegraph; 'A remarkable first novel... This original, ambitious book demands full concentration - and deserves it.' Sunday Telegraph; 'The bastard son of Philip Roth and A. S. Byatt.' New Statesman; 'A formidable achievement and truly a book to get lost in.' Daily Mail" --This text refers to the Paperback edition.
About the Author
Benjamin Markovits is twenty-nine, and The Syme Papers is his first novel. Originally from Texas, he now lives in London and writes for the London Review of Books and the Times Literary Supplement.See all Product description
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
History doesn't work like this.
But also, fiction doesn't work like this. His contemporary guy writes exactly as his 19th century guys do. Same style. The 21st century guy uses all kinds of italics in his writing; is this likely?
One word: dreck.