Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 10 April 2012
If you like French films, I think this one hits the spot.

I was dubious about Eric Cantona in a film, but he does a pretty good job all told, but for me the real star
of the show is Karine (Pan-Am) Vanasse.

It's the first film performance I have seen her in, and it's a superb one from beginning to end, it's a slowish scene setting beginning, but soon the action and tension begins, and grips you throughout the entire film.

Plenty of chase scenes mostly on foot, and plenty of dramatic almost '24' style shock scenes.

Well worth a watch, and am so pleased I bought this now, can't recommend it enough.
on 29 April 2012
What a smashing film. Nothing sloppy and Cantona can certainly still run.He looks good too.. Top marks all round. Soon forgot I was reading subtitles. When I'd finished watching it I thought about watching it again straight away! Really got lost in the story.
on 4 February 2014
I LOVED ERIC CANTONA (THE PLAYER)AND WANT HIM TO DO WELL IN HIS FILMS.HE LOOKS VERY GOOD ON CAMERA AND ON THE MOVE AND THAT INCLUDES HIS USE OF DIALOGUE HE'S NOT OUT OF PLACE.BUT HIS PROBLEM IS WHEN HE STANDS AROUND HE LOOKS VERY AWKWARD AND HIS STANCE AND USE OF ARMS NEVER FIND THE RIGHT COMFORTABLE POSITION.IN THE OFFICE HE TURNS LIKE HE HAD JUST LOBBED SOME UNSUSPECTING KEEPER, (WHEN HE PUTS UP HIS COLLAR AND OPENS IS ARMS TO HIS TEAMATES)! AND AFTER A WHILE I WANTED HIM TO START DANCING TO THE BIRDY SONG JUST TO LOOSEN UP! KARINE VANASSE ON THE OTHER HAND IS THE REAL DEAL AND SHE IS THE REASON WHY THIS FILM IS WORTH A WATCH.ITS GOT SOME GREAT ACTION AND I WAS ROOTING FOR THE GIRL.THE STORY CONFUSED ME A BIT TOWARDS THE END, BUT THATS BECAUSE I'M SLOW!!!!!!!! STILL FOR THE PRICE ITS NOT BAD AT ALL.FROM AMAZON UK.
on 8 May 2012
I received this film as a gift and was a bit dubious because it was my first foreign language film, and I had not seen Eric in an acting role. However, all that was soon put to one side as the film developed.
The film builds wonderfully. Karine Vanasse is superb and Eric has proved himself as a very decent actor in my opinion.
The action takes off and is non-stop right to the end. The subtitles were unobtrusive and easy to follow. Just a great film and a brilliant plot.
on 4 October 2014
Thoroughly irritating in so many respects. If I disclosed them, it would "ruin" the film for you - inverted commas because it is not a film that has much about it to ruin. No subtlety, no mystery, no intrigue. Not a good French film at all - but I see from the other reviews that I am very much in the minority. Good luck!
on 3 April 2013
The Switch is a very tense and action packed move; however during the fist half, is difficult to accept all the coincidences. By the end, there are some things that justify some of those "coincidences".

This movie shows that FX and huge budget are not always need to get a good action movie. Good stunt work is really a lot better than digital imagery.

Worth seeing it.
on 18 January 2014
Poor old Eric Cantona! Apparently lots of potential buyers have been put off this DVD because of the cover, but let me tell you this, Cantona actually puts in a nicely understated performance. He's not the problem in this film though. It's the utterly ludicrous script that spoils what could otherwise have been an excellent action thriller. On the plus points, the lead actress puts in a superb effort (although the film never explains why a struggling artist has the skills of a CIA agent), and most of the cast are good actors. There are also some very good action scenes, and a memorable foot chase through the suburbs of Paris.

Apart from an excellent start, and an intriguing premise, the film quickly descends into a brainless chase movie, with some truly ridiculous scenes (the mother with the shotgun being one of the most stupid), and any number of coincidences unexplained. Worse than all that, though, is the motive of the killer, which is completely incredible. The ending will leave you scratching your head. I have no problem with the suspension of disbelief, but there has to be some credibility, otherwise you end up laughing, like I did. It's a real shame, because the film is well directed, there is an excellent cast, included the much maligned Cantona, and with a credible script and screenplay, it could have (and should have) been a rock solid thriller. It is simply too far fetched for my tastes.
Ive gotta be honest, the main reason I chose to watch this was because Eric Cantona was in it, make of that what you will.

It turned out to be a good little French crime thriller with a few twists and turns. The synopsis reads like the Diaz/Winslet flick "The Holiday" - a woman in Montreal (Karine Vanasse) bored with life switches apartments with a woman in an awesome spot in the centre of Paris. As its a crime thriller this doesnt go quite as swimmingly for our heroine as it did for Cameron and Kate. Karine becomes implicated in some nefarious wrong doings in Paris, Monsieur Cantona then enters the fray as the detective attempting to get to the bottome of whats actually going on. To say more would ruin some of the surprises. The plot races along after the scene is quickly set and the end reveal is well put together.

All in all a decent little euro thriller. Cantona is in good brooding, chain smoking form but the film belongs to Karine Vanasse with a spirited, all action, emotional performance.
on 15 May 2012
'Switch' is a french crime-thriller that released in 2011 to a mixed critical response. On its DVD release it has went unnoticed, I think mainly due to the reason, that the DVD cover and trailer indicate that the lead actor is Eric Cantona, which isn't the case. Cantona is only a supporting actor in the movie and I have no idea why he has been the face of the promotional campaign. If it was football related, I could understand but it's not.

The film centers around Sophie Malaterre (Karine Vanasse) who switches homes for vacation with a stranger online. She then moves from Montreal to Paris where things go fatally wrong. She is then pursued by Detective Damien Forgeat (Eric Cantona).

I was not keen at all with this movie as I was made to believe Mr. Cantona was the lead actor. Ended up watching it due to the persistence of a fellow movie-goer. First shock Cantona was not the lead actor and the second shock was he performed alright. The surprise was that the feature was very enjoyable.

It's fast-paced, tense, and has plenty of twists and turns.

The main star Karine Vanasse who deserved to be on the front of the DVD cover puts in a solid performance and carry's the movie.

The direction by Frédéric Schoendoerffer deserves an applaud for making the film exciting until the end. The only criticism is the climax, which was abrupt and just far-fetched. The production values are also quite expensive.

To finish things off, an impressive french offering that satisfies.

'Switch' is a worthy thriller.
on 21 October 2013
I think this is good , don't think because an ex footballer is in it it must be rubbish it really is not , Good story well acted & lots of action , Very good watch .