Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 4 February 2012
Saw this on the shopping channel for £79, had a feeling I could get a better deal on Amazon - wasn't wrong there!! Bought this for my husband as he is a bit of a soup fan - service was outstanding, arrived promptly, courteous delivery man; hubby used it that evening to make soup, a very happy valentine bunny!! Easy to use, instructions clear, self-cleaning too! Just need a soup recipe book now so he can have lots of choice.
11 Comment| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 June 2013
I was bought this soup maker as a Christmas present. The 1st time I used it I found reasonable, however the soup maker has not work properly since. For example: It cannot cope with just 1 potato and 2 carrots chopped! I do not recommend purchasing this item.
on 22 June 2012
I bought this to make small portions of soup and not waste whatever veg was wilting in the fridge.
I still make the majority of my soup in large batches in a pan to freeze.
I was hoping I could switch this on and go about
my daily chores with a soup ready for lunch at the drop of a hat, but sadly no. I find you still have to stand over it and push the veg down inside the inner tube so that it reaches the blades, otherwise it remains "clogged" and not processed.This is despite putting all the veg through a mini chopper first, so it's already almost grated before loading it up! Not quite the answer I was looking for....
on 17 February 2012
bought this soup maker after reading the reviews, its fantastic so easy and quick, also bought paul brodel soup book the beef curry receipe is to die for.iv used it every day and enjoyed every soup iv made. it takes about 30 to 35 mins to make the soup, i would definatly recomend it. GO ON BYE ONE
on 26 August 2012
Excellent gadget.
I'm a soup FANATIC.. but I kind of suck at making it (don't laugh)

This soup maker is fantastic though, you can put anything in there, meats aswell. I choose not pre-cook mine, although some others do. You basically throw all the ingredients into the inner tube for processing and some into the outside panel, so you can have chunky bits in the soup.

The soups come out finger licking good ... Literally.

I would recommend this for a small household/ student. It won't hold a super huge amount of liquid (just will not work at all). However, once you've finished, it does mount up to a really good amount of soup (will easy make 4 or 5 servings).

Its sleek and rediculously easy to wash. Sometimes food items can burn onto the heating elements on the bottom if you put too much in it, however, there is a guage to indicate when too much.. really is too much (I'm just cheeky and add a tiny bit more =\) It comes with a handy brush to clean the bottom, which works very very well.

Overall, I'm absolutely happy with it and it shall feed me and my soup obsession [hopefully] for many years to come.

I have had it for a few months now and use it at least once a week =]
on 16 March 2012
I don't follow the instructions included with this. I just put all the ingredients chopped up small into the jug - not with the guard - add about 500ml of water and a stock cube and away it goes. I think it takes longer than stated. I would say about 35 mins. All the soups I have made have been delicious. I haven't attempted to do a chunky soup yet as it involves the dreaded guard. I would hate to be without it now and have never eated so much veg in my life!! I would say that you get 3 good bowlfuls each time.
on 21 June 2013
purchased as xmas present for my son one month later and about six soups made product failed tripping all house electrics with it.Did get full refund but took a while ,expected better from such a well known brand
on 18 December 2014
this makes 500ml of perfect soup. i have never had a soup maker before, and so found the starter recipes very simple to make and delicious. I couldn't work out how to increase the recipes but still stick to the "no more than 50g of solid food outside the centre piece" and "don't overfill the centre piece" rules, so I contacted customer services to ask for some help. Unbelievably their answer was to use trial and error and work it out for myself as they don't have any 1500ml recipes. they've pointed me towards other soup maker recipe books and online blogs, but cannot tell me how to (for example) increase there very own mushroom soup recipe, without burning the base or causing it to stop working. It does hold 1500ml of liquid, but Swan cannot give any advice on how to make 1500ml of soup in it. i'm really disappointed. my emails have been ignored, and an ongoing facebook conversation has ground to a halt. A tracked letter has gone into the post this morning, and if I still get no proper response, I'm going to trading standards. If i could go back in time, I would have bought a more simple "kettle style" soup maker. my friends have that style and fling all sorts of things in them with no trouble. All i wanted was to make enough soup from scratch for my family, and to be able to turn leftovers into soup. It should be simple, but it is not. it doesn't do what it says on the box.
on 29 February 2012
Making soup has never been easier after making soup for many years in the more traditional ways. No stiring, no steaming saucepans, no checking, no burning, in fact, nothing now to go wrong. Cleaning is not a problem. The Soup Maker is used regularly and has earned its place on the kitchen worktop. Have rated this product 5 stars for usefulness, 2 year guarantee, easy operation, auto pre-programmed and value for money.
on 27 November 2012
Did all that was required of it and makes good soup.
A bit noisy and the very handy brush supplied to clean it will not last very long.