Customer reviews

3: Swamp Sniper: Volume 3 (A Miss Fortune Mystery)
Format: Paperback|Change

on 28 November 2017
This is the third in the Miss Fortune series and you do not need to have read the other two to enjoy this book but I would start at the beginning. Fortune, a C I A assassin is hiding out in Sinful, Louisiana. Her last mission went wrong so she needs a place to hide till the price on her head can be dealt with. Her cover is that of a librarian who has come to town to close up her dead aunts estate but Fortunes not in town twenty four hours before being introduced to the Sinful Ladies Society in the form of Gertie and Ida Belle two elderly (but do not say that in front of them) southern single ladies who were good friends of Fortunes "aunt". Murder and mystery ensues with the Sinful Ladies determined to find the killer themselves. Not that they do not find the sheriffs deputy Carter capable of solving the crime but as the murderer seems determined to frame Ida Belle she needs all the help she can get and the Sinful Ladies have their own way of doing things. Even if sometimes things do not go exactly to plan. An excellent series, full of humour with characters who don't take themselves too seriously i find Gertie hilarious and wish I could meet a woman like her in real life, what a joy. I can't believe I have missed such an excellent series till it was ten books in. Oh well what great fun I'm having catching up with all the fun.
on 17 March 2017
Absolutely loving this series of books. Great characters. Good plots( if a little far fetched) what's not to enjoy?? Fortune and her back up of Gertie and Ida belle escape by the skin of their teeth from the most ridiculous situations but always manage to save the day!! Bring on romance between Carter and Fortune...
on 22 July 2017
I laughed out loud too many times to count. Like the Keystone Kops with wit and sass, Preston Sturges with murder and zany mayhem. (Gosh not THAT old, just love vintage movies.) Complex sleuthing and terrific characters. I've recommended this author and series to many friends. If you like your murder mysteries completely engaging, classy and clever, start on this series now from the beginning.
on 16 February 2015
I love every one of the books in this series and I can't get enough of them, The books follow a CIA woman who is undercover in a small town trying to lie low but has befriended a group of old ladies that can give anyone a run for their money, the books are so funny you can't help reading them without a big grin on your face and to me it really doesn't matter what adventures they get up to, i could read the books just for the humor of the characters. Cannot get enough.
on 10 November 2017
Laugh out loud moments wrapped in a plot that has everything to keep you on the edge of your seat and wanting more. Can't recommend this more highly.
on 23 November 2016
I can't stop reading this series! There are moments I have laughed till I cried. The absurdity of Sinful plays beautifully with the madcap responses by the principal characters. Roll on the next installment
on 1 February 2015
Loved it! Fortune get caught up investigating a murder which Ida is supposed to have committed.
The series is funny, cleverly written with a good storyline and the characters - full if life, fun and mischief!
The mob is in town and the mayors job is up for grabs - a really good read .
on 1 April 2014
I came upon Jana Deleon through downloading one of the free Ghost in Law books, now I have all them and the Miss Fortune books. They are absolutely brilliant. Through her writing you can envisage the characters, the she keeps you laughing with the antics that Ida Belle, Gertie and Fortune go through.
I could not put this book down until I had finished it. I have even converted my family to reading her books
on 13 February 2018
Another fun ride from Jana De Leon with the ladies of sinfull
on 22 January 2015
I absolutely love the Miss Fortune Series. Once I start reading them I can not literally put them down. I loved the first and second books and this one was as good I expected it to bet. The plot lines are great but the humour has me laughing out loud. FABULOUS. Can't wait for the next installment