I AM AN AMERICAN AUTHOR PERSON. I live in France and have done for over 50 years. I used to write best-selling Astrology books. Recently I saw my wrinkles in the mirror and thought, "Yoo hoo, Suzanne. You'd better start writing your autobiography. You are way too old to wait."
DURING MY LIFE IN FRANCE I've had a lot of different jobs: college professor, fashion model, journalist, interpreter, novelist, fireworks salesperson, director of a Parisian Couture boutique, elevator operator, shoe salesperson. I was the single mother of two beautiful daughters.I took whatever job would put food on the table and buy pricey Parisian shoes for pretty little girl feet. Then one day I started writing. Just like that!
I had long wanted to try my hand at writing. But writing doesn't pay much which meant a risk of starvation and no new shoes for all 3 of us. I had heard magazines paid well. So I began writing articles for women's magazines. My first article appeared in Cosmopolitan in 1971. After they paid me a hefty (in those days) $700., I began to believe I should keep at this writing gig. Then, in 1973, I got down to it and wrote a novel. It was published by a big New York publisher. I was proud and pleased to actually be able to earn a living being "a writer".
After the novel, my literary agent decided I should write non fiction. I balked at first. But when I did she said, "Novels are risky. They might sell. They might not. If you only write novels, your children really will starve." She gave me a choice of subjects: Cooking or Astrology. I chose the latter, providing I could write about Chinese Astrology - the animal signs. By 1975 I had published my first book about Chinese Astrology. By now, I have written over 30 best-selling books about Chinese and western Astrology. My readers have dubbed me "The High Priestess". I admit to being flattered. Even though "High Priestess" strikes me as a silly idea. I don't have the wardrobe for that profession. No crowns or turbans or gowns or black cats. I did not live writing astrology books. But I did my best to make them funny so people bought them and we did not starve.
I love The Internet, Facebook, Twitter and the others where I can actually talk to readers one on one. It's a luxury for an author to be able to communicate directly with the people who read her books.
You might stop reading here and still sleep on both ears tonight. The rest of this BIO is just some idle self aggrandizement and a list of my books that I would, of course, like you to buy. They are available for every electronic reading device. If you can't buy one now, come join me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/SuzanneWhiteAuthor is the best way to find me. Or visit my tired old web site http://www.suzannewhite.com.
BOOKS BY SUZANNE WHITE (Most important is first!)
1) 2017 - UNMITIGATED GAUL - A LIFETIME IN FRANCE. The 1st volume of my autobiography. Unmitigated Gaul is Suzanne White’s outrageously funny, delightful, audacious autobiography. This is the first volume of her multi-book, autobiographical series. After university, she escapes from one-horse Buffalo, New York and moves to elegant, sexy Paris. Throughout, Suzanne White treats the reader to tales of her personal childhood sexuality, explores the intricacies of
doomed love and skillfully shares the sudden freedoms of 1960s Paris. You will thrill to Suzanne’s wild escapades. She barrels through Ibiza’s hippie era then bounces back to swanky parties on the artsy Left Bank of Paris. This first volume follows Ms. White from age 4 till 26 through many rambunctious shenanigans, amorous capers and inevitable disappointments. It’s simple. Suzanne White’s jaunty new book offers her readers a generous slice of pure joy. Thank goodness volume 2 is coming soon. Pick up this brave book. You won't be able to put it down - a true page-turner!
2) 1976 CHINESE ASTROLOGY PLAIN AND SIMPLE. Self-published in digital form. Available for Kindle. First published in hardcover 1976. Mass market paperback 1977 from FAWCETT NY. This book is now a classic in its field. It has been published in 15 different languages. In France alone, this same book has stayed in hardcover since 1976. The French publisher has sold over a million copies and still sells an average of 300 copies per month. Today, this book is published by Bertelsmann in Germany, Uniebok Holland, Eden Grove Editions/Axis Publishing, London, Paidos Barcelona, Polish, Czech, Slovak and Bulgarian publishers have just bought rights to it. This year (4/2003) Chinese have asked to buy the rights. L'ASTROLOGIE CHINOISE - Eds du Dauphin - Paris.
2) 1986 THE NEW ASTROLOGY - first published in French as LA DOUBLE ASTROLOGIE by Robert Laffont Publishers Paris. In the same year, THE NEW ASTROLOGY was published by both St. Martin's Press (USA) and Macmillan (London). This book is a long time best seller. It sells over 20,000 per year in the US alone. THE NEW ASTROLOGY also exists and sells well in British English, French, German, Dutch, Spanish, Polish and Czech. LA DOUBLE ASTROLOGIE has just been updated and will be published in June 2003 by Editions Le Dauphin in Paris. This popular book's concept is unique. White blended Chinese Astrology with Western Astrology. (12 animal signs combined with 12 sun signs makes 144 "new' character types). It's amazingly accurate. Suzanne White actually created 144 NEW astrology signs. LA DOUBLE ASTROLOGIE. Eds Robert Laffont puis Eds du Dauphin - Paris.
3) 1992 THE NEW CHINESE ASTROLOGY - Macmillan London and St. Martin's NY, Uniebok Holland, Paidos Spain.This vast book about White's favorite subject (Chinse Astrology) recently molted from hardcover to trade paperback. Like all of Suzanne White's books, THE NEW CHINESE ASTROLOGY sells tens of thousands of copies per year in the US and more in England. It includes many aspects of Chinese Astrology not covered in her first book and reveals readers' ruling elements, explains how to use special social skills, handle relationship issues etc. In 2008, Macmillan London will bring out a new version of this book recently revised and upated by the author. Non edité en français.
4) 1996 THE ASTROLOGY OF LOVE -Self published. Available for Kindle. In France the book is known as ASTRO LOVE. It is also published in Polish and Czech. This popular book came out as a paperback original. GUIDE TO LOVE's premise is simple. With which of the 24 possible astrological signs (both Chinese and Western) are you most compatible in love? GUIDE TO LOVE sells 15-20,000 copies a year in the States alone. L'ASTROLOGIE DE L'AMOUR - Eds du Dauphin - Paris
All of these books are available everywhere in both hard and soft cover. For quick downloads to your computer Suzanne White has made e-books available at : http://www.suzannewhite.com If you have a Kindle, download all of Suzanne's Astrology books and keep them for reference inside your Kindle.
VISIT SUZANNE ON HER FACEBOOK FRIENDS PAGE
OR JOIN HER ON HER FAN PAGE