Customer reviews

Size: One Size|Colour: Blue Crush|Change
Price:£148.80 - £916.62

on 22 March 2017
Great watch but the compass has a problem.
I find I have to reset the watch when I really need the compass feature.
For a day to day watch, it's surprisingly comfortable and slim even though it's quite wide.
The storm alarm kills the battery but I've found it to be very accurate.
Easy to read large numbers though the light isn't the best.
on 14 January 2016
This watch have been used every day, in the gym, on my runs and on the top of Mont Blanc. Have had no issues with it, something that is very important in mountaineering. Very durable.
on 29 May 2017
Great watch. Great price.
Although now old technology it has all the essential functions in an intuitve format.
on 23 October 2014
Excellent watch. I like it very much. Only four stars as face can be difficult to see in dim lights.
on 30 May 2016
Day one:

Looks amazing packaged, some really nice touches to the box etc and the watch itself is lightweight yet chunky however the back light is shocking I've taken a photo next to my Casio G-Shock.
I will keep going nevertheless...
review image review image
on 13 March 2016
I was debating to get one of these and my friend highly recommended I did only had it a few weeks very clever now I wear it all the time
on 26 April 2017
A good piece of kit that's easy to use, intuitive and fits well on the wrist. I have 3 different Suunto watches and they serve me well for cycling, climbing and flying. They are unobtrusive and are comfortable to wear. I use the Core for checking altitude and direction settings and found the accuracy reliable. Back light is designed to be faint to preserve night sight.
on 29 March 2017
Awful watch. It might look nice, but the display on it is the dimmest that I've ever seen on any watch. There's a contrast setting on it which does not help make the display any brighter, but there's no brightness! My eyesight is perfect, but it is very difficult for me to see the display on this watch. It's not worth the cost. Avoid.
on 19 January 2016
As per usual instructions written by a technician. So much pushing of buttons trying to understand the watch. Barometer inaccurate. I live at sea level, to be precise 5 metres above(check your location on the Environmental Agencies website flood maps). I have other accurate barometers.
The compass is just dangerous, I can not get it to within 10* of magnetic N. As a Yachtmaster I do know the difference on all my instruments between True and Magnetic. It tells the time OK and looks OK.
DO NOT BUY the product or support the seller, they match.
on 28 November 2012
Beware. What you see is NOT what you get.
The Suunto Core black versions (all black, blue crush, yellow crush etc.) do not look in real life the same as in the official pictures:
- display is not clear and white but very dim yellowish and difficult to read
- The case is shiny (cheap in my opinion), not frosted as in the picture
- the yellow hour lines are in fact white so the effect you expect is simply not there

I contacted the Suunto customer service regarding the dim display which is the biggest issue from usability point of view. When I'm doing intense outdoor stuff I want to be intensely doing outdoor stuff not intensely trying to read the display.
I was advised to change the contrast, which is possible, however the display gets only slightly better readable while the display begins to get fuzzy. Bottom line the display remains dim and is only easy to read under very bright lighting conditions.
11 Comment| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse