on 8 June 2015
Imagine being 14 and thinking to yourself how can I put every single action genre in a book? well AW has come seriously close to achieving this childhood dream and with great success.
The story begins at a slow but intriguing pace with a air of humour and wit. However within a couple of chapters seatbelts become a necessity as the book is injected with a strong dose of adrenalin and is force fed a gut full of movie action moments. Unlike most action movies the plot is far from tired and boring it has so many twist and turns that it may even surpass an episode of 'Lost'.
The rollercoaster ride of a book has it all; horror, sci-fi ,action, love, comedy and it all moves along at a relentless pace so much so you will not want to put it down. Highly recommended.
on 22 August 2014
Unputdownable. Literally. I was at work and couldn't get out of my seat to unlock the shop at 9am because the finale of the book was just too damn exciting. Didn't feel even a smidgen of guilt about the queue of impatient customers outside, because it was totally worth it.

If you want a fun read with a bit of everything - comedy, horror, sci-fi, comedy - then give this a go. Let's face it, can't go wrong for £1.99, can you?
on 11 March 2015
I found this a very quirky thriller full of dead-pan humour. I thoroughly enjoyed the mixture of Sci-fi with very down-to-earth observations on everyday life and emotions.
I would really recommend this; especially to anyone who is familiar with the area around the Humber Bridge.
on 10 November 2014
Excellent read,I could not put it down,Original and pertinent to anybody who lives or knows the area (as well as those that do not).I would recommend this tale to all sci fi, rom/com. horror or humour fans,well worth reading and the last couple of chapters really put you on the edge of your seat.I will look out with eagerness for Mr.Wilkinsons next first class offering.
on 20 April 2015
I really enjoyed this book! The characters are fantastically engaging, there are some real laugh-out-loud moments and it's a first-rate entertaining yarn. It's nice to read something about the local area - it's comfortingly familiar - but it's also nice to read something that doesn't conform to the features of one genre, but takes risks and plays around with convention.

I've given it four stars for two reasons: 1. I'm not a big fan of fighting, or dogs, so both together left me a little cold in places. 2. The ending. Call me old-fashioned but I like to have everything wrapped up in an obvious, spelt-out kind of way, so I was left a little unsatisfied by Suspended's ending.

Overall though you should give this book a try - you won't be disappointed.
on 6 June 2016
A fantastic read. Once I started, I couldn't put it down. Enjoyed being able to relate it to some of the Humberside locations.
Andos
on 6 November 2014
A truly gripping read! This is a well crafted and challenging novel by an exciting new author.
on 25 December 2015
A very interesting and compelling book. I couldn't put it down.
on 13 July 2014
With meticulous descriptions and subtle underlying humour I really enjoyed this. Also, the local knowledge of the area by the author makes the setting very vivid. It also creates a great connection if you do actually live in the Humber area too.
on 14 March 2015
A yellow bellies delight.