on 11 April 2017
Very much enjoyed reading this instalment same as the first. Was a good twist at end with Sholto. Looking forward to third book, the story just keeps expanding and has lots to offer to the reader. The book overall doesn't feel like the usual zombie survival book, this series keeps you interested all the way through. The book has good, interesting sub plots also which keeps you really engaged overall with the story.
on 3 May 2017
I did enjoy the first book however by halfway through this second I was just plain bored. I had grown weary of the people he met on the way and how he had suddenly morphed into this alpha male type character which was hard to believe. The group he met were stereotypical in description and all-in-all it had a Coronation Street meets Zombies feel. Then we have nukes and things are becoming radioactive. Zombie genre books are hit and miss...usually miss but this series had promise and it may pick up in Book 3 or I may be saved by the zombies storming Amazon....who can say....do I really care
on 19 January 2017
On the face of it this is a post apocalyptic zombie story. A basic story line, but it is a compelling read, you feel for Bill and want him to survive. Tyrell has been clever in his depiction of Bill, the lead character and narrator, he is an everyman rather than gung ho hero which takes the reader along with the story, I kept thinking what would I do? Along with the monumental odds against surviving, there are intriguing hints of total war and global miscommunication about what set these events in motion. I really enjoyed it and will be reading the next in the series.
on 9 October 2016
The second book in the series, more sinister undertones than the first book, and kept me entertained throughout. The changing narrative perspective helped keep tension going.

The addition of new characters to supplement Bill was done well, and I quickly felt invested in the fate of Kim, Annette and Daisy, as well as sharing Bill's suspicion of the others they met.

An excellent piece of zombie fiction, and continue to enjoy the "journal" style. Looking forward to the next book in the series.
on 17 May 2014
This book picked up pretty seamlessly from the first and I continue to be intrigued by the viewpoint it portrays. Far more in this one concerns human interaction and perception of each other with the Zombies as an ever present threat. The failed evacuation and the traumatic consequences for some of the survivors is quite chillingly conveyed, resulting in some not so altruistic actions.

Bob and Kim are developing as strong characters and a good team. With the addition of an unexpected sibling and the impending possible discovery of the reasons behind the outbreak of the Zombie plague, I look forward to the next book with great anticipation.
on 21 September 2016
I am pleased to report that I enjoyed the second instalment as much as the first. With more characters involved in the story now, our protagonist Bill is becoming a more rounded character, and now that we are no longer in London, more about the whole Apocalypse and how it was dealt with is being revealed. My only wish is that each book was longer!
on 18 October 2017
I loved the first book which I got for free. I sat and debated whether to buy the series and thought better of it because I doubted whether the author could maintain my interest with the overdone zombie genre.
So I opted for just buying the second book.
I'm absolutely loving it again. The author seems to have a way of writing that makes even an over saturated genre remain fresh and interesting.
I'm now back to debating on purchasing the full series. Whether I do or not, I will definitely be buying the 3rd book.
Excellent entertainment. Thanks Frank tayell
on 3 December 2016
What a pity book one very good but a change of livery style and a thinning plot and we have a poor novel. Will not be following this series. Shame. Loved book one.
on 22 March 2017
Loving the whole series. Thought I had reviewed number two but must have missed it. I have now bought 7-9 so I am still reading, so please take that as a sign of the quality of the story :-)
on 18 March 2017
As good as the first book possibly better could happily read about these characters some more. Would love a third book to know his they get on.