Survival In Groups: The Basics of Group Membership Paperback – 10 Jan 1995
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"It will help any student of groups learn to reflect on what is happening in the groups of which he or she is a member...This would be a useful book for groups of students to work through in sections, using the exercises to help demystify groups and group phenomena...a useful addition to the group worker's library." - CommunityCare "...is an excellent introduction to how groups operate. It is also a very good example of how to write integrating theory and practice." - Contact: The Interdisciplinary Journal of Pastoral Studies "...essential reading for all thoseconcerned with group work - particularly counsellors and therapists involved with Group Process." - Counselling at Work "...this book deserves to become a standard work for group members looking for a sound text from a credible author." - Mental Health Nursing "...written in an accessible style with clear signposts and highlighted moot points...a valuable toolfor those people who want a more comprehensive understanding of groupwork practice." - Professional Social Work "...of particular interest to counsellors.. who are interested in finding out a bit more about the group process of which they are a part. I would also recommend this book to those who lead groups...Many readers may find themselves dipping into the book to begin with and then, as Idid, ending up reading it all." - Relate News "...a solid, comprehensive introduction to groupwork." - Therapeutic Communities
About the Author
Tom Douglas has worked as a group therapist, psychiatric social worker, lectured in social work and social psychology at the University of Keele and latterly has operated as a freelance groupwork consultant. He has run groupwork workshops for thirty years for professionals and volunteers in the caring professions and has written widely on the theory and practice of working in and with groups.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Counselling
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychotherapy & Clinical Psychology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Social Issues > Social Welfare & Services