- Format: NTSC
- Language: English
- Region: All Regions
- Number of discs: 1
- ASIN: B006SKP9B6
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 265,698 in DVD & Blu-ray (See Top 100 in DVD & Blu-ray)
Sura Flow Yoga: Deep Relaxation & Guided Meditatio [DVD] [US Import]
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
As it stands, I should NOT have gotten it, neither should you... and I'll tell you why.
Save your money. I'll explain at the end.
// THIS IS NOT YOGA.
This is ONLY a meditation DVD. It's confusing to buyers because it *says* on the front that it's a "new 'yoga' approach," which is completely and totally false. It's not yoga; it's meditation. It also says this is "self-discovery 'yoga.'" Again, not, not, not yoga! Frustrating.
If they would care to show the back of the DVD case, you could clearly see that this is not yoga. She's meditating on the front (which would simply be misconstrued as lotus pose as she prepares to do yoga). No, it's just a seated meditation, or a lying-down meditation. Not any sort of movement at all.
// OKAY... NOT YOGA. BUT IS THE MEDITATION AT LEAST FINE?
Yes, in fact—the meditations ARE quite great.
The DVD features:
1. Grounding & Centering - 5 mins**
2. 5 Elements Healing - 10 mins**
3. Guided Meditation - 11 mins**
** Times may be off by no more than a minute because it only shows you timing on the DVD menu screen, not the case... and I'm not starting it just to get that info. ;)
This is one of my first forays into meditation (unwittingly and inadvertently), so while I didn't enjoy my initial go at it, once I played this DVD *in order to* actually meditate... it was super. It's very relaxing.
I particularly like the lying-down one (5 Elements), and do it often. The visualizations she offers really help remind me to *feel* what she's describing, and to focus on the moment, and on my body. (In this one, one of the chief visualizations is to imagine you're soaking into the earth, and that it's cradling your body as you're soaking in its benefits.)
I run a business from home, so it can be hard to unwind. My mind is constantly trying to "handle business," even when I'm trying to fall asleep. Each time I've done 5 Elements, even in 10 short minutes, I've heard myself do a little snore near the end and have to snap myself back into the room. (lol.) I'm completely ready for sleep when it's done.
Grounding is cool. This is the seated meditation pictured, where she's on a boulder. This one offers even more concrete instructions for getting into your body, for instance breathing in one, holding it one, then breathing out... doing this (I think) 10 times, counting backward from 10. Again, it helps you focus not on the "to-do list," but on your body and the moment. Which is (I think) what I'm supposed to be there for.
// WHAT OTHER REVIEWERS HAVE SAID
- You do not need any "room to move" on this. You're either sitting in lotus, or you're lying down. They must've been talking about Sura's other DVD, "The Complete Integrative Program for Beginners" (which I'll also review shortly).
- One person references "unique exercises and techniques," and that the "physiology clearly changes as we do the exercises." Um. The "exercises" are meditation, not involving movement at all... so I've no idea what that person was actually talking about. Again, probably reviewed the wrong DVD (as, again, Sura's DVDs offer unsuitable, vague descriptions, no pictures, and no real differentiations).
- Sura does have a "soft, calm, and soothing" voice, the meditations are very "relaxing," and to add my own note, the scenery is gorgeous. However, I've only ever caught snatches of it, as my eyes are closed as they should be.
// SO WHY ONLY 2 STARS?
On Amazon's scale, that means "I don't like it" -- and I don't, because it's not what I was expecting. It doesn't seem to be what was advertised.
It's also quite foolhardy to buy this for $9.79—although it's out of stock anyway at the time of this writing—when you can get this AND actual yoga sequences on Sura's other aforementioned DVD, Sura Flow Yoga: Complete Beginners Program ''Energy Healing, Yoga & Meditation''.
That's right, Sura Flow Yoga: Complete Beginners Program ''Energy Healing, Yoga & Meditation'' ($11.99) INCLUDES this $9.79 DVD, AS WELL AS Sura's 3rd and only other DVD here on Amazon, Sura Flow Yoga: Yoga, Energy Healing & Life Skills for Beginners ($14.63).
I got this one because it was the cheapest, since it was my first of hers. After I returned it, I got the $11.99 "Complete Beginners' Program" which INCLUDES both the $9.79 and the $14.63 DVDs.
Both of those DVDs it includes are now "temporarily out of stock." Hopefully they'll stay that way, so people can just get the contents of all three by buying Complete Beginners. The super-vague descriptions, covers, lack of pictures, and lack of ANYthing about these DVDs online was just way too confusing.
Hope this helped.