Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 August 2005
This book gives a brilliant overview of several different types of Special Educational Needs. I have a degree in Psychology and I'd never heard of a few of them! This book was extremely useful when I was completing my teacher training course and I quoted information from it during a job interview, which resulted in me getting the job! I cannot praise this book enough!!! It is an absolute essential for anyone going into teaching!
on 1 June 2017
Came quick and boxed good came woth a cute bookmark and this book belongs to sticker! Little things so cute. Perfect condition cant wait to read.
review image
on 7 October 2004
This book, (and others by the same author) are the easiest books for potential learning assisstants (special needs) to read and understand. I had already bought several books on differnt subjects before finding this one. I could have saved myself a lot of money by just buying this book, which has bits of everything you need to know about supporting children with special learning needs.
on 25 October 2011
I think it is a great guide for teachers and SNAs. It gives clear and useful tips how to work with children with special educational needs.
on 18 November 2009
I have just recently purchased this book because I was unexpectedly asked to deliver a course in Special Needs Assisting. I have found the content of this book invaluable. Part 2 - Strategies, in particular is excellent. It breaks down several different special needs and lays out the Teacher's Strategies for teaching the child and then the Teaching Assistant or Special Needs Assistant's strategies. It is easy to follow, very informative and gives lots of handy tips in coping with particular types of behavioural difficulties in children. There is also a series of appendices at the back which are very helpful. One is a checklist for some of the more common types of special needs, which the S.N.A. can use for his/her own records, to ascertain what difficulty the child may have if perhaps a diagnosis has not already been made. I would highly recommend it for anyone starting out as a S.N.A. or even for a Teacher who has a special needs child in their class.
on 1 March 2012
This is a very helpful book for any Teacher or Teaching Assistant working with children who have special needs.
It arrived in the time given and in good condition for a second hand book.
on 22 February 2010
I am studying a foundation degree in early years and this book has helped with new ideas and perspectives,I am looking to buy the other books.
on 13 March 2014
I LOVE ROCK N ROLL - LOVE A GREAT BARGAIN - LOVE AMAZON - LOVE A GOOD DEAL - VERY HAPPY CUSTOMER - GOD BLESS
on 14 August 2015
great book that provides information for SENCO, teachers and teaching assistants. haven't finished reading it yet but believe that it will help me throughout my training as a teaching assistant. Great value for money.
on 29 July 2014
Good but simple to understand and provide only basic informattion