- Enjoy £1.00 reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Supernatural (2-disc DVD set)
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
SUPERNATURAL (2-DISC DVD)
The classic horror series devised by Robert Muller
Werewolves, vampires and ghosts haunt the living in this much sought-after BBC horror anthology series devised by talented TV dramatist Robert Muller. Referencing a rich vein of literary gothic stories, from Shelly's Frankenstein to Le Fanu's Carmilla, the series presents seven unique tales (including the admired two-parter Countess Ilona and The Werewolf Reunion) across eight unsettling instalments
Each episode opens in the Club of the Damned, where prospective entrants are required to tell a story that will chill the blood of the assembled members. But much is at stake for the storyteller, as failure to induce terror in all who attend carries the price of certain death.
A timeless example of British Gothic horror at its very best Supernatural boasts a superb cast of acting talent, including Billie Whitelaw (Frenzy, The Omen), Jeremy Brett (The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes), Robert Hardy (Psychomania, Middlemarch), Gordon Jackson (The Professionals), Denholm Elliott (The Signalman, Bad Timing), Ian Hendry (Repulsion, Get Carter), Jeremy Clyde (Schalcken the Painter) and is directed by such legendary filmmakers as Peter Sasdy (Countess Dracula, The Stone Tape).
- Ghosts of Venice with Robert Hardy and Sinead Cusack
- Countess Ilona with Billie Whitelaw, Ian Hendry and Edward Hardwicke
- The Werewolf Reunion with Billie Whitelaw, Ian Hendry and Edward Hardwicke
- Mr Nightingale with Jeremy Brett and Lesley-Anne Down
- Lady Sybil with Denholm Elliott and Catherine Nesbitt
- Viktoria with Catherine Schell and Judy Cornwell
- Night of the Marionettes with Gordon Jackson, Kathleen Byron
- Dorabella with Jeremy Clyde and John Justin
Extensive film notes and full credits are carried in the accompanying booklet
UK | 1977 | colour | English language, with optional hard-of-hearing subtitles | 400 minutes | DVD9 x 2 | Region 2 PAL DVD | Original aspect ratio 1.33:1 | Dolby Digital audio (320kbps)
'A really fine batch of TV chillers finally rescued from oblivion, and perfect spooky viewing for any time of year' --Mondo Digital
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
This was a short lived programme that has become legendary over the years. Dark, brooding and theatrical. If you love the nostalgia of 1970s horror programmes, you'll love this.
Some of the plots are very convoluted and the narrative can take some time to unfold, but there are some fabulous twists in the tale.
The sinister pipe organ theme music us a joy in itself too.
The remaining episodes are altogether different in quality - mysterious, intriguing, unsettling. I'd have given 4 stars if it were just them.
I am left perplexed by how the chauvenistic Supernatural Society in the series can possibly have any members? Evidently they allow plenty of leeway and the real intention was to bore everyone to death?
Enjoyed the Testcard extra feature ... ironically far less static than Supernatural!
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Have enjoyed these Region 2 DVDs so much I now have a DVD player dedicated to Region 2 only.
Look for similar items by category