Superfreakonomics: Global Cooling, Patriotic Prostitutes and Why Suicide Bombers Should Buy Life Insurance Paperback – 24 Jun 2010
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Like Freakonomics, but better ... thrilling ... you are guaranteed a good time ... underneath the dazzle, there is substance too -- Tim Harford Financial Times Levitt is a master at drawing counter-intuitive conclusions ... great fun ... Superfreakonomics travels further than its predecessor -- Tom Standage Sunday Times A humdinger ... Page-turning, politically incorrect and ever-so-slightly intoxicating, like a large swig of tequila The Times
From the Back Cover
Seeing is believing . . . The Smash Hit SuperFreakonomics is now Bigger and Better
SuperFreakonomics was an instant New York Times bestseller that caused a media uproar, continuing the amazing success begun with the groundbreaking, worldwide sensation Freakonomics.
With the Illustrated Edition, Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner bring alive their smart thinking and great storytelling with an explosion of visual evidence, including:
- A by-the-numbers tally of a high-priced call girl's career, and a tracking sheet from an intensive survey of Chicago street prostitutes.
- A visual quiz that lets you pit your memory against the memory of a chess grand master.
- Images of the hurricane-killing machine and other geo-engineering inventions described in SuperFreakonomics.
- A look into whether doctors are better at saving lives in TV dramas or in real hospitals.
Whether probing the intricacies of sex change operations, the effectiveness of child car seats, or what really motivates people to do good, the Illustrated Edition of SuperFreakonomics employs photographs, drawings, and graphs that will lead readers to see the world in a bold, fresh way.--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title. See all Product description
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
will highly recommend both the seller and the book itself - definitely worth a read. explains a lot from the crazy and illogical things that we see or do every day.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > Microeconomics
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > Theory & Philosophy
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Cultural Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Methodology & Research > Statistics & Research
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology