on 28 January 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a nice little unit. It is covered with a fabric all the way around. There is a little bag to keep it in although no padding as such, its better than nothing. It feels like the speakers are protected behind a grille of some kind, so you don't need to worry about the fingers damaging the drivers.

The battery lasts for 1500 hours standby, 10 hours medium volume or 3-4 hours on full volume. A full charge takes 2 hours (a plug-charger is provided). There are volume controls on the speaker unit, but you can of course use the volume on your device. On my Samsung S3 on max volume and the speakers on max volume I could detect no distortion at all.

The speakers come with a set of instructions in English which is easy to understand. The text size is rather on the small size for people with poor eyesight. There is a link to more instructions on the web. You also get French instructions and a card with the pairing code. My S3 didn't need a pairing code so not sure what would.

The sound quality is reasonable. The bass is decent for such a small unit and not too boomy. The treble is a little on the high side. My main moan would be that the general sound output is a bit muffled. It's not bad as such but at the price point I was expecting a little better too be honest. I listened to several hours of Puls Radio Trance Edition as well as Armin van Buurens State of Trance radio both at full volume. It was loud enough but didn't sound alive. I then switched to Radio 4. The voices were super clear so maybe this is where eh Disco2's strength is?

Overall it is a nice, small, well designed unit. It is miles better than my previous Bluetooth speaker, but that was one sixth the price.
on 23 May 2013
Don't compare this as a home hi-fi replacement because it is not, but when used as a portable sound unit is very good. Has a good volume for it's size and taking into account it's size the sound is very good.
Very easy to pair to my Samsung S2.
All in all "it does exactly what it says on the tin"!
VINE VOICEon 23 January 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I'm so chuffed with these speakers.

They were really simple to connect to my phone. (I tried to connect it to my macbook first, but that didn't work - not sure if this was me being stupid, or that it actually won't, but not to matter). I literally turned the bluetooth on my iphone it found the speakers, clicked connect, the speakers beep and that's it, set up and working. The second time you want to use them you just go into your bluetooth settings on your phone, find the speakers device and click connect and it's instantly back up.

I know I'm sounding a little too excited about the ease of setting them up, but to me the whole point of this kind of product is that it's a simple and effective way of getting music into your home, and there's no doubt that these do the trick.

The sound quality is surprisingly good for this price point, the sound is crisp with a heavy bass tone, it doesn't distort when you crank it up either.

So far the battery life seems pretty good and it charges quickly.

Struggling to find much wrong with these to be honest, for this price you really can't go wrong
on 11 September 2015
I bought this because I saw it in use at a BBQ. The convenience of being able to play quite loud music at quite a good quality originating from a smart phone, for example, for quite a long time with no wires is very convenient. The item is about 7.5 inches, 19 cm high so is easily portable. And the price is quite reasonable. The convenience is increased by the device having a line input, so with the right connecting cable you can also play non blue tooth sources. Don't lose the instructions, though!
VINE VOICEon 23 January 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a great unit which I can see getting a lot of use from me. Literally plug and play- connecting to my Kindle Fire HD I wasn't even asked for a pairing code -the unit stands 180 mm high, with an illuminated control panel on the top, from which you can not only control the volume but also skip tracks from your music source.
It's rechargeable and at "medium" volume apparently will go for 10 hours between charges.
The sound is very good indeed, good deep base and decent trebles, it sounds expensive, which I don't think it is, really. Although it is supposed to be stereo it is difficult to discern any separation in the sounds. However, that isn't really the point of this attractive little unit. It's going to excel when you're out and about or, say, staying away with only your phone for music company- It comes with a neat little bag to carry it in.

As you might expect with anything Bluetooth you do get the occasional drop out, but fairly infrequently and nothing that takes away from the music.
Oh, and for potential present buyers the box it comes in looks great!
I think this is a really high quality item.
on 27 April 2014
They are perfect for what I wanted, around the house and garden moderately loud if wanted music plays very well, Bluetooth range is great and quality of sound rocks. After about 8 charges the charging mechanism packed in (internal within the speaker) but amazon very quickly and efficiently replaced the speakers with new.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Personally, as music is an important part of my life and I have a fully operating stereo in more less every room, I never really quite got the point of these Bluetooth type speakers.

That all changed the night I went to a friends house for a party and they had a similar unit playing tunes in the garden. We got chatting about it and she said she loved it.

She bought it outside for BBQs and parties, used it in the kitchen when she was cooking and took it away with her when she was, well, away.

This opened my eyes to the possibilities a of a unit like this, so when one popped up on Vine I took it to see what it was like.

I have to say it is pretty good. The first thing you notice is the nice packaging: a box with a magnetic front that flips open to reveal the speaker unit inside. It makes it feel very swish and like a very high quality item.

The unit itself, once it's out the box measures 180mm in height, by 108mm width and 70 mm in depth. I must say I'm not crazy about the shape - I think it looks a little odd - but looks don't affect performance.

I think the sound is pretty good for a unit of this size. It's 16 watts of clear sound pumped through 2 speakers with a good frequency range.

The internal amp provides enough power to produce plenty of low end through the speakers to keep even the biggest bass-heads happy.

You can stream your music from any device via Bluetooth ipads and iphones and there's a 3.5mm standard jack for non-Bluetooth devices too.

The device controls are found on the top of the speaker, making them easy to access and these buttons also allow you to control certain commands on your Bluetooth device, which is a nice touch, so you can change track etc. via the speaker.

The battery time - according to the manufacturer is about 3 to 4 hours at high volume or about 10 hours at normal listening level. It'll take about 2 hours to charge up again once the battery runs flat.

Overall, I like the device. It won't replace my home stereo, but for teens or a speaker to take outside it's perfect. It's well made and does what's asked of it well. It also comes with a two year warranty should you ever need it. Loses a star for its looks only.
on 3 July 2013
Ordered this after readings good reviews and I was not disappointed! Really good sound with no distortion when at a loud volume. Works well through the 3 storeys in my house. Easily controlled with my iPhone and really easy to connect devices. Only small thing, if my iPhone is connected all the noises for text messages and calls come throu the speaker and not my phone, not really an issue but confused me for a little bit! Overall very good product. Nice compact size. Very happy with my purchase!
VINE VOICEon 26 January 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
With a device like this, charging it and using it for a while, then disconnecting and leaving it to go to standby for a few days, and finding there's still loads of battery left ready for playing music is great. The sound is clear and a reasonable volume for the size, if a little weak on the bass for my tastes. Pairing was a doddle, the controls are clear and work just fine, and the appearance is of a fairly understated black brick.
It's hardly going to make a room look stylish, but it'll fit in a satchel and will give plenty of playback time. It's loud enough for most rooms (perhaps not for a party, but you want something bigger then), and makes a good addition for playing back sound from your phone on the move.
on 6 March 2013
Good quality sound. Look's quite nice. Bat life good with an excellent standby mode that means if it is not been used bat life on standby seems to last for quite a while.

This is great for me as a like to put it on the shelf the other side of my bedroom, put Internet radio on my phone and play it through the speakers without getting out of bed. Great.

Does seem expensive though, but after looking round this seems the going rate for this kind of kit.