on 10 May 2014
Clear, simple, informative. Illustrates how the brain and the mind are two separate things, the mind being us, and in charge of the brain which largely is on automatic pilot having been programmed from birth to take care of the everyday needs of staying alive. But it can be retrained - by the mind - if so desired. And sometimes it needs to be. Thought provoking book.
on 1 September 2016
I am a big fan of Deepak Chopra and having read Super Genes, which was well written and informative, I decided to buy this book as well. I have almost finished reading it and would say it is also excellent and well worth the read.
on 20 April 2017
Reasonable. Seems like Deepak Chopra wrote it from start to finish without much input from the other guy. If you like Deepak you know what's coming as he pretty much espouses his own brand of spiritual/science. I can't say it's his best work though.
on 4 September 2017
Interesting not finished it yet
on 17 August 2013
This is certainly not a quick and easy read, take your time devour what is being suggested and put it into action, it cannot fail. It has offered me a different way of looking at certain aspects of my life - which has to be good. I would recommend this particularly if your tendency is towards a negative approach to living.
on 3 October 2015
He check mated Richard Dawkins in a one on one interview on You Tube. The book actually makes a lot of sense thus far and introduces the reader to new research in brain function that once upon a time 'science' said was fact and sacrosanct.

This book further supports the notion that science, in my view, is dogmatic and doesn't like change, or should I say proven wrong with the test of time.

I have not completed reading the book completely, but it makes sense to me. Age does not have a limit to mind youth or growth.
on 20 December 2012
I have been a Deepak Chopra fan for years and this latest book, in collaboration with Rudolph E Tanzi, does not disappoint. Fascinating to read about new discoveries about the human brain and although it would be a really interesting read for almost anyone, I do feel that it is especially relevant for people of my age group, (middle age ish!), as there is a lot of good advice about how to ward off the dreaded dementia and Alzheimer's Disease.

I really got a lot out of this book and am now on my second reading as while the authors manage to make this difficult subject (the human brain and how it works), understandable by the layman, there are some passages which need a second read to fully grasp what they are saying.

All in all, I heartily recommend this book

13.01.12

Just as an update - I have finished re-reading this book and it is so worth doing as you grasp so much more the second time! The chapter entitled "The Reality Illusion", is quite simply, stunning! This is probably the best book I have read in this genre.
on 22 July 2013
I found this book so fascinating to read. It gives a really clear understanding of how we can use our brain to remain holistic in our lives and steer clear of becoming creatures of habits. It has left me with lots to think about! I found the several lists they use in many chapters to help you identify with your own behaviours particularly helpful - their are several instructions on how we can move to make our brains more active which will help combat 'old age' coming too soon, but also how we can expand the brain and improve our own lives by adding variety and new experiences. Top marks- recommended to anyone- I am only in my 20s but can see how it would be very interesting to old generations too- with chapters dedicated to issues surrounding Alzheimer's etc.
on 26 February 2013
This book changed the way I look at both mine and others behaviours , the world is a different place when viewed now
on 7 July 2016
I have had problems with concentration, particular with non fiction boos so I got this book in Audio Format through Audible.co.uk
I have been listening to it on and off for several months and i have found that new ideas have started seeping in and are influencing my behaviour. It has also helped me to see the cognitive benefits of exercise, creativity, varying your activities, being adventurous brave and open to new hobbies. I have restarted the book and this time I am taking notes - i should just buy this book and highlight it!
Get it on Audio if u can it is brilliant!