- Actors: Jason Flemyng, Peter Mullan, Antonia Thomas, Freya Mavor, Jane Horrocks
- Directors: Dexter Fletcher
- Producers: Andrew MacDonald, Arabella Page Croft, Kieran Parker, Allon Reich
- Format: PAL, Anamorphic, Colour, HiFi Sound, Widescreen
- Language: English
- Subtitles: English
- Region: Region 2 (This DVD may not be viewable outside Europe. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 - 2.40:1
- Number of discs: 1
- Classification: PG
- Studio: Eiv
- DVD Release Date: 27 Jan. 2014
- Run Time: 96 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1,386 customer reviews)
- ASIN: B00GD8MF74
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 338 in DVD & Blu-ray (See Top 100 in DVD & Blu-ray)
Sunshine On Leith  [DVD]
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Dexter Fletcher directs this cinematic adaptation of the acclaimed stage musical featuring the music of Scottish band The Proclaimers. Returning home from their most recent stint in Afghanistan, Davy (George MacKay) and Ally (Kevin Guthrie) have a new appreciation for life after witnessing the horrors of war first-hand. While Ally plans his proposal to Davy's sister Liz (Freya Mavor), Davy falls for Yvonne (Antonia Thomas) and the two couples come together in time for Liz's parent's wedding anniversary, but not everything is plain sailing for love in Leith...
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
just excellent and if you are not a Proclaimers fan after then you have a serious problem with your hearing
the end is just the ultimate in bringing a tear to ones eye
FANTASTIC - oh Jean
'Ally' wants to hook-up again with 'Davy's' sister 'Liz'
While 'Davy' is hoping to forge a relationship with his sisters best friend 'Yvonne'
'Liz' and 'Davy's' parents 'Jean' and 'Rab' are planning a knee's-up to celebrate
their 25th anniversary.
When it comes to the party things start to go wrong, Ghosts from the past threaten
to tear the 25 year marriage apart, 'Ally's plans to propose to 'Liz' also doesn't
go the way he'd hoped.
Can the bridges be re-built ?
The film is adapted from a stage play/ musical by 'Stephen Greenhorn'
The film sometimes funny, sometimes uplifting, sometimes sad and often tuneful.
(enjoyed the 'Letter to America' sing-song)
It takes you on a familiar journey of life in some ways.
Some of the songs a little short of lyrics.
Overall I'd say worth a spin (family-friendly)
'A showcase for Edinburgh' (beautiful city)
Features:- 'Deleted scenes'