- Actors: Rose Byrne, Cliff Curtis, Chris Evans, Troy Garity, Cillan Murphy
- Directors: Danny Boyle
- Format: Digital Sound, Widescreen, Dolby, Colour, Subtitled
- Language: English
- Subtitles: English
- Region: Region 2 (This DVD may not be viewable outside Europe. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 - 2.35:1
- Number of discs: 1
- Classification: 15
- Studio: 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
- Run Time: 103 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 3.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (414 customer reviews)
- ASIN: B002S22Q9G
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 146,194 in DVD & Blu-ray (See Top 100 in DVD & Blu-ray)
Other Sellers on Amazon
Sunshine [DVD] 
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
It is the Year of Grace 2057 and our sun is dying. A first attempt to re-ignite it, by spaceship "Icarus", failed for unknown reasons (the ship disappeared without trace). A second mission is launched - spaceship "Icarus II", carrying an enormous "star-bomb device", passed already the orbit of Mercury and is now on approach towards the Sun. Then, the radars detect an object which should not be there... And then the film really begins.
Renowned director Danny Boyle tried to make a very ambitious SF film here, but as far as my perception of this film is concerned he mostly didn't succeed. Still, there is some good stuff, so let's begin with it, before the criticism:
1) The director gathered quite an ensemble cast and made all the actors perform well. The crew of "Icarus II" is made of following people:
- Captain Kaneda (Hiroyuki Sanada). Sanada is an excellent actor, who impressed me in "Twilight Samurai" - here he is very credible as the skipper of the most important ship in human history...
- Second-in-command/communication officer Harvey (Troy Garity). Never saw this guy in anything before - but he is OK in this film.
- Physicist Robert Capa (Cillian Murphy). This is an important character and Murphy played him very well.
- Pilot Cassie (Rose Byrne). Another important character and also well played - and this is a high praise coming from me, because I usually REALLY don't like this actress (since I saw her ruining Briseis character in "Troy")
- Engineer Mace (Chris Evans).Read more ›
All in all, it's a mature approach without any of the pre-packed popcorn of Hollywood.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Sunshine is, and always will be, truly outstanding. There are not enough superlatives and adjectives in the English dictionary to describe my adoration for this epic piece of... Read morePublished 24 days ago by The Movie Diorama
Visually stunning, enthralling action, taut direction, pounding soundtrack. A work of art. The premise behind the difficulty in completing the project is psychological which... Read morePublished 3 months ago by M.Sam