- Paperback: 112 pages
- Publisher: Longman; 2 edition (18 April 1995)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0582264758
- ISBN-13: 978-0582264755
- Product Dimensions: 12.7 x 0.5 x 19 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,152,443 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Sundiata: an Epic of Old Mali (Longman African Writers/Classics) Paperback – 18 Apr 1995
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Born in Guinea, author and playwright Djibril Tamsir Niane is a descendant of griots - African oral historians/storytellers. He translated Sundita, as told by the griot Djeli Mama dou Kouyate, into French under the title Soundjata ou Epoque Mandiginue in 1960. It was later translated into English by G.D. Pickett in 1965.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Although that was semi troublesome, books do fall apart and can happen at any time.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Fiction
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Mythology > Folklore
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > History & Criticism > Literary Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Customs & Folklore > Folklore