Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:£9.38+ Free shipping

on 12 June 2012
I am making my own bread from scratch and I love all kinds of seeds. But in Holland, you can only buy pumpkin/sesame/poppyseeds in expensive health stores, in packages of 50 grams. So I thought i would give this a try.

I later read other devastating reviews from customers buying (and returning) the Suma sunflower seeds, because the packages would have been nibbled on by mice and the content would be less than the specified 1 kg. So I expected the worst, but the bag isn't open, the content is 1 kg and the taste is great. I have just tasted it "raw", so without grilling which would even intensify the taste, and it still tasted great. No dry or hard seeds, but tasteful pumpkin seeds. So I can recommend it. It is only a shame that the subscription only works for English habitants, because I will buy these regularly.
on 30 December 2015
I am a repeat buyer of these seeds. I find Suma to be the most consistent for buying organic seeds in bulk. These have the right taste and are for the most part good quality. I have only had one batch that tasted like it was on the old side, but 1 in 7 isn't so bad compared to other brands like Wholefoods, who are constant offenders in the rancid department!
on 26 January 2014
pumpkin seed are rich in Zincum...so if you have problem with your hair or nails or skin....EAT IT!!!! also are great put some seed on hot fry pan and FRY (without fat or oil) and sprinkle on salad..mmmmmm yummy yummy
on 12 June 2012
Been having pumpkin seeds as part of daily breakfast for a few years now. and have seen prices almost double and supply sporadic and often not in stock. We recently discovered these Suma seeds, very reasonable priced with the option of an automatic monthly delivery to match our consumption rate. They are good quality seeds, a bit chewy for my optimum pleasure, but quite easy to crisp up a bit on a baking tray in the oven (monitor closely, they burn very easily...I know this). I love the auto delivery thing.
on 18 March 2014
I use these in my home made bread along with other seeds as I'm vegetarian and am Im trying to increase my oil intake to (hopefully) improve the condition of my dry skin. Works out far more economical to buy this way than to keep getting the small bags from the supermarket but you do need to be using them regularly for this to work out.
on 7 August 2015
Good product but I have found that there is quite a lot of white flaky husk left in the bag. I haven't quite worked out how to get rid of it yet but to be fair, it doesn't affect the seeds and I have bought this product several times. Fair price for the product and I will continue to buy in the future.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 22 October 2014
I've bought pumpkin seeds from a few different sources before and these are OK. Buying a kilo is good value for money, and from the date of purchase the best before date was 7 months away so you have plenty of time to consume them. I would say that somewhere around 1% of the pumpkin seeds were spoiled or rotten and basically inedible. This isn't too bad, but you can buy pumpkin seeds where there are virtually no rotten ones. The nutritional information on the bag was ever so slightly different than in the Amazon listing. If you're interested, according to the label on the bag per 100g these seeds contain 2360kJ/557kcal energy, 24.4g protein, 15.2g carbohydrate (of which sugars 1.1g), 46.6g fat (of which saturates 8.7g), 5.3g fibre and 0.05g salt. The country of origin is China.

If you're reading this you probably already know exactly what pumpkin seeds are and their benefits and uses, but if not they are an excellent source of zinc, magnesium, iron and protein, among other things. There is a bit of oil in pumpkin seeds but overall they are quite dry, crunchy and taste nutty almost. You can have them whole with cereal or porridge or you can easily grind them up and slip them into all sorts of food and drinks, even casseroles and pasta sauces so that you get the benefits without noticing the taste and texture. I personally think that pumpkin seeds taste better toasted than raw, and it's also perfectly possible to use them as a topping if you are baking a cake.
on 27 April 2014
I had not eaten pumpkin seed for some time and came across it whilst searching for another item. I was very impressed with the efficient way the order was processed and the prompt delivery time. Excellent quality product.
on 23 October 2013
Once again I was fed up of paying extortionate prices for certain food products in supermarkets and health food shops so I decided to look online. If you enjoy pumpkin seeds and eat them regularly then these are worth every penny because they taste great and you will save money.
on 3 April 2015
In view of the other reviews this may seem a bit extreme. Unfortunately, after some consideration the following comments are a true statement of our experience. My wife has been munching on pumpkin seeds for several years and these seemed to be a good choice. She recently commented that she had not been eating these as they seemed to have a powdery taste and little else. I had been an occasional muncher and grabbed a handful to try. I had to agree with her judgment and these are now being fed to the birds.
In fairness to the supplier, I also ordered flaked coconut which have been excellent and I shall be reordering those and maybe trying other products.
Follow up. After revisiting this issue we decided to give the seeds a good rinse and dry in a warm oven. The improvement was immediate and they are now back for consumption with an improved star rating.

See one answered question