Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 29 May 2004
Personally I rate Verdena among the most interesting european groups. I have all three albums made and it is obvious they are getting better and better quality wise, though still able to maintain that Teen Spirit which has allways been they're trademark sound. In complete contrast to most italian music they are quietly acquiring more and more followers. Probably the best track on this album is not the first single Luna rather n. 7 Glamodrama very intense and probably represents best Verdena's style/idea of music.
on 26 October 2004
Any of Verdena's albums would be a good starting point but their latest is probably their most complete offering. Obvious reference points are Smashing Pumpkins and possibly Placebo (perhaps even The Pixies on some tracks) but they have managed to absorb their influences and create their own individual sound. All the songs are strong with well-crafted arrangements that reveal more with every listen. Logorrea and Balanite are two of the more impressive tracks - the former with a juggernaut riff and the latter showcasing their ability in writing beautiful melodies wrapped in barbed-wire. Verdena really should be far more successful than they are outside of Italy and I for one will be spreading the word. Definitely worth checking out.
on 1 September 2007
Well, when a band emerging from the jungle of the independent labels, in Italy, singing in Italian, gets noticed beyond italy's borders...I'd say they have must have done something right.
Even if you speak no Italian you can't help feeling the music/voice blend that Verbena can transmit through their live performance and their studio records. Surely one of the best musical phenomenon from the beautiful peninsula of the last 5/6 years. Recommended all of their 4 albums.
on 28 April 2006
Hi, I 1st heard Verdena when I was working in Sicily. I have all 3 of their albums and can't wait for the new one to come out. I do not have a clue what they are singing about as I speak no Italian, but I don't care cause the music is so good. I only wish they would play a gig in the UK, cause I want to see them live.
on 4 February 2006
Hi...believe me, this band is fantastic...their sound is powerfull and full of grace...don't care if they sing in italian because the melody of the words is in perfect harmony with the music.....
on 6 December 2004
well.. don't know what to say but incredible..on Saturday evening we will be at their first concert in Moscow