on 16 April 2016
I was part of the army that took part in this campaign, and like us all we had no idea of the conspiracy that was so much a part of this fiasco. It was a time when the vast majority of us did as we were told without question. It was in my opinion a major turning point in the history of this Country..When we finally realised America rules the world.
This book answers all the questions I had.
on 4 February 2015
Scholarship history. Accurate and in depth
on 14 January 2013
A comprehensive & disturbing summary of the blind jinjgoism of British & French politicians leading to a disastrous invasion. It is frightening to see how an ailing Prime Minister could lead a nation into such a debacle.

Kyle gives a very thorough accountof the events leading up to the Suez invasion; the actual operation: and the reasons why it could never have succeeded.

As far as the question of collusion goes it is interesting that as a National Service Midshpman I and my mates were in Toulons in the Autumn of 1956 and in every bar or restaurant we were hailed as being alllies in a coming operation to topple Nasser.

The most disturbing thing is that Blair, who was not old & failing took us into Iraq for spurious reasons. "When wil they ever learn?"
on 25 September 2015
Arrived in good time and a good value important book
on 10 October 2013
Bought for my wife who was impacted by the Suez crisis. The book is very detailed and a good eferance guide. Well packed, came on time and in very good condition.
on 19 August 2014
Arrived on time and in good condition. A very comprehensive history of the Suez crisis, pity we never learn from p4evious mistakes.
on 2 July 2016