Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Fitbit

Sudden amazon price drop!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 39 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 Nov 2009, 13:04:31 GMT
G. Barnes says:
Pre-ordered it for £43.99 and now its showing up as only £32 - mine is in the dispatch process already - do I still get the pre-order price guarantee and so only pay £32? I had better do!

Posted on 9 Nov 2009, 13:11:11 GMT
they must be trying to get rid off there surplus stock, i doubt you'll pay 32, you'll need to scrutinise the terms

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Nov 2009, 13:11:20 GMT
I pre-ordered FIF10 and after it was released the price was slashed to £26 in the high street. Amazon made up the difference in an automatic refund.

I've also pre-ordered Modern Warfare 2 so I'm sure they will do the same again.

Posted on 9 Nov 2009, 14:21:42 GMT
Under their terms and conditions Amazon are obliged to refund the difference, even if the item has entered the despatch phase. This should be done automatically, so I paid £43.99 on pre-order and should now expect a £12 refund direct into my account. So no worries.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Nov 2009, 14:32:17 GMT
Last edited by the author on 9 Nov 2009, 14:36:29 GMT
I'm with you, just been to check and seen my order says it's £43.99 and now it's £32. i hope M. Heyes is right or i'm going to feel well cheated, especially as Siansbury's are apparently selling it for £26 from tomorrow.

UPDATE: He's right you know, i've just read the terms and conditions. No worries and a nice little bonus, been thinking it was going to cost £43.99 for months.

Posted on 9 Nov 2009, 15:46:14 GMT
Last edited by the author on 9 Nov 2009, 15:47:02 GMT
Also, amusing that on Amazon World at War is now more expensive than Modern Warfare 2.

Posted on 9 Nov 2009, 16:08:51 GMT
Last edited by the author on 9 Nov 2009, 16:09:46 GMT
G. Rutter says:
Makro are sending out vouchers for the game at £20 inc vat !

http://www.makro.co.uk/servlet/PB/menu/1153441/index.html

I hope Amazon do the right thing, otherwise this will be my last pre-order

Posted on 9 Nov 2009, 17:28:17 GMT
James says:
how do we check if we have got this refund because i got a purchase confirmation of 44 pounds like 4 months ago and havnt got an email saying i have money back, this is annoying!

Posted on 9 Nov 2009, 17:41:02 GMT
Apparently it's done automatically - the price difference is paid back into your account. But on my despatch confirmation e-mail today the original price was stated. I'm just going to keep an eye on my online banking and see how much they charge, and if it isn't the cheaper price then I'm going to kick off. Take a look at the terms and conditions - it's all there in writing, so I'll be very surprised if they don't refund the difference.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Nov 2009, 17:46:13 GMT
W. Lancaster says:
You have to pay the full £43.99

Posted on 9 Nov 2009, 17:50:01 GMT
Terms and Conditions:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/promotions/details/popup/AZ9P2SJV7UBYB

To me this looks like they are obliged to refund the difference. I doubt they could afford all the negative publicity from ripping people off for the most popular game release all year.

Posted on 9 Nov 2009, 18:09:51 GMT
Moley says:
How absolutely gutted am I that I ordered mine from Play.com last week for £44.99?

Those enemies in the game had better watch out tomorrow, as I'll have an extra £13 worth of frustration to take out on them! Grrrrrr!

Posted on 9 Nov 2009, 18:27:30 GMT
James says:
well if you guys do get money back or complain let me know so i can find out too? thanks

Posted on 9 Nov 2009, 19:46:37 GMT
Chris Booth says:
I've clicked on refund money and where it asks you to state when it is cheaper, I've put Amazon. No refund credited.

Posted on 9 Nov 2009, 20:37:12 GMT
mine is dispatched and i was charged 44 pounds !!! am waiting for my 12 pounds, if i don't get them then this is going to be my last pre-order from amazon !!!
regretting already !!

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Nov 2009, 21:44:32 GMT
Just send an email to Amazon. They will refund you the difference. I don't know about software titles, but when I bought my TomTom, Amazon reduced its price twice within the next month. I emailed them each time, & they refunded me the difference. Because you have a 30-day returns policy, you're entitled to the lowest price in the 1 month after they have delivered the item to you.

Posted on 9 Nov 2009, 23:38:04 GMT
Mr. C. Cole says:
W Lancaster, listen to Austin Blakely!
You will get refunded!
If you pre order you get the pre order price guarantee, so even if the game is dispatched, at the weekend say, so you get your game on release day, then the price goes down you get the difference refunded, it goes all the way up to the release date, it says so in amazons T's&C's.
My wife bought me fifa 10 for my birthday, i heard about the price war (£25) on the radio and not long after she had an email saying what she had saved from pre ordering, and how much she had refunded (i think roughly ten pound).
So to but it blunt DONT WORRY! Amazon are a massive company and wouldnt get away with charging you and not refunding you the difference, you're covered up to the release date, they just have to take the money before they dispatch it, im sure you wouldnt want them to wait till release date to take payment and post it would you???

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Nov 2009, 03:20:05 GMT
Was charged 46 pounds for mine, then found its now 32 pounds. Have sent a email of complaint and cancelled all my other orders. Not very happy at all

Posted on 10 Nov 2009, 09:13:08 GMT
L. Calland says:
Guys don't worry, we will get the money back. Remember you can send anything back to Amazon in 7 days to get a full refund ayway, so it is Amazon's benefit to just refund the difference rather than end up losing your business in full. See below for reassurance.

We apologise for the confusion caused with the pricing of `Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3) '.

The prices of items at Amazon.co.uk are subject to change. Having checked our website, I can confirm that price of this item `Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3) ' has decreased to 32.00 GBP. Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, video game or software item sold by Amazon.co.uk, the price we charge when we dispatch it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.co.uk between the time you placed your order and the dispatch date.

However, if your order enters the dispatch process before the release date and the price is lowered on or before the release date, we will automatically refund the difference between the price you were charged and the lowest price between dispatch and release date.

Please rest assured that the difference in amount will be refunded to your payment card with in the next 48 hours. On the date the refund is completed, we'll send you an e-mail message confirming the date, amount and payment details. You can see completed refunds when you visit Your Account, after receiving this confirmation e-mail.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Nov 2009, 09:16:45 GMT
D. Burdon says:
I have had this happen several times on blu-rays, games etc, but during the course of the release day I have then had an email saying under the pre order guarantee I am entitled to a refund and it will be credited to the card I used for payment shortly. So give it till the end of the day before you go too nuts.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Nov 2009, 10:46:14 GMT
the price drop to £32 is obviously to combat other retailers prices. I just got the PS3 version for £26 from Sainsburys, I probably wouldn't have bought it otherwise :-P

Posted on 10 Nov 2009, 10:55:37 GMT
Last edited by the author on 10 Nov 2009, 10:56:31 GMT
wo ! 26 pounds from sainsburys that heavy !! but i just want my 12 pounds back from amazon.co.uk thats all !
even though i sent and e-mail of refunding ( cheaper available ) and choose amazon.co.uk but i don't want to return it i just want my 12 pounds back

Posted on 10 Nov 2009, 12:00:30 GMT
Rob O'Keeffe says:
Chill Winstons.

Posted on 10 Nov 2009, 12:01:05 GMT
Rob O'Keeffe says:
Chill Winstons.

Posted on 10 Nov 2009, 12:02:48 GMT
Rob O'Keeffe says:
Chill Winstons.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  28
Total posts:  39
Initial post:  9 Nov 2009
Latest post:  14 Dec 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about