This art book is way thicker than I expected. It's 256 pages in a wide format hardcover. Nice.

Zack Synder's previous films (300, Watchmen, Legend of the Guardian) have a thing for CGI and this latest one is not exception.

This art book (and film) is like a pop culture hurricane. There girls with guns and blades, robots, orcs, castles, machine gun welding giant samurais, dragons, zombies, orcs, castles, theater and brothel. All these are from the vivid imagination of the lead, Babydoll.

The visuals in the book is a mixture of photos and art. There aren't much character art for the girls with the exception for Babydoll which has more (but in manga style). The art is various (few) alternate costumes. What you have is lots of stunning photography that ranges from the I'm-cute-and-I'm-in-an-asylum look to the I'm-going-to-kill-you-with-my-gun-and-dark-eye-shadows portraits. I like the idea large two-page portrait but unfortunately the photos aren't sharp enough at that size.

There are more art for other characters, such as the awesome samurai who likes big guns, Meka (yes, a mecha), soldiers, knights, a generic looking dragon, robots, zombies and orcs who look like cousins from their LOTR counterpart. Other art includes the sets like the castle, the mental institution, cathedral, city and Japanese temple. There are also miscellaneous stuff like the flying bomber and weapons (few). Most of the art looks digitally created.

Commentary is rather sparse other than the captions. Zack Synder seems to be the author. It would be better if there were more insights on the art which is what is lacking.

Overall, the book is a very decent art companion and is well worth the price.

(There are more pictures of the book on my blog. Just visit my Amazon profile for the link.)
on 12 April 2011
Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) (Sucker Punch: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)This is an amazing visual compendium to go along with the film.
on 14 April 2011
When the package arrived from Amazon I first thought that it was a different book because I hadn't expected it to be so big and thick! It's a really nice artbook, beautiful photos and great concept drawings and paintings. The book is divided into chapters of just characters, monsters, Behind-the-scenes and so on, that makes it easy navigate. Even if the movie isn't as good as this book promises, I'm one happy customer, because at least I got a great artbook.
on 24 March 2011
loved this book. if you are a art or fashion student, or just luv films, you gonna want/need this book.
every page is full of the exciting footage and screen shots from the film, with various concept designs that will keep you inspired through out.
only down side, the book reveals how the films ends.

frelling awsome, cant wait ta c the film.
on 29 August 2013
Sucker Punch is one of my all time favorite movies. It needs watching a couple of times before you really get the message. Having watched the movie I just had to have this book. I am so green with envy that I do not share the graphics skills of the artists involved in its creation. This book gives fresh insights into the movie and its production. Anyway, I gave it 5 stars because that is what such a beautiful book deserves. I would recommend it.
on 28 March 2012
Such a beautifully visual book of a stunningly visual film. It provides a great insight to the creativity behind the film. Maybe I am biased because of the lead girls, especially Amber; but I am but a man.
One puzzle is that the inside cover says the book sleeve should have been signed by the Zack Snyder, but there was no sleeve when the book arrived - strange.
on 22 February 2013
The layout, the pictures and the print quality are very good. I think that Sucker Punch was an underrated movie, I absolutely loved it. The book does a good job of capturing the different styles of each chapter in the movie. I was expecting more pictures of the girls though, but it's a good publication in any case.
on 3 July 2012
Wow, What a Great book,Plenty to keep You interested in, it's very colourful, well worth the money. If you haven't seen this film, go see it.. I give top mark's on this book. !
on 31 January 2013
Packed with nice art and photos combined with nicely designed graphic layouts, good size book for the cash, get it!
on 10 January 2014
This sucker was punched by the book. But in a really terrific way. The lay out is amazing, the photo's beautful and background information nice to know. For me the visual part, as in the movie, is a definate pearl to own.