on 30 June 2017
The sizing on these seems totally off. Based on the size guide I bought a small and they are very very tight. The main issue though is that the length seems totally wrong in the upper and lower legs.

If I wear them as modeled in the picture then there is way too much length in the lower leg and not enough in the upper. Because of the design of where the compression in for the calf, I can't just pull them up a bit more because then the compression is behind my knee and very uncomfortable. I'm an average height and as far as I'm aware my legs are a pretty normal proportions.

If you look at some of the 1 star reviews, there a quite a few comments about the compression being the knees being a problem and I don't think people realise that it is not meant for behind the knee. This can be see in the picture showing the back of the pants. This just backs up my point that the lengths are totally wrong.
on 23 February 2017
These are very good tights well made, tight as they should, compress well... but they are far too long. I am an XS and I am surprised that for a 28" waist these have maybe a 36" length. I mean who are you selling these too? 7 feet tall skinny Swedish high jumpers? It is ridiculous, and it shows on your photos the folds on the ankles. My tights are good for Maria Sharapova. I have the impression that all your sizes have all the same leg length. Please sort your demographics and don't rely on people to fold, because they will starting to fold before buying.
on 7 February 2014
About me:
In terms of sports, I do mainly running and kick boxing. I have used compression garments from Nike (Pro Combat line), Adidas (Techfit line), Under Armor and 2XU. I consider 2XU the golden standard of compression gear. With regards to Sub Sports I own both an RX line top and bottom and have been using them 3-4 times a week for about a month at the time of writing this review.

A lot of people reviewing Sub Sports compression clothing believe it to be comparatively small in size. They seem to miss the point of this type of garment: COMPRESSION! Compared to low-end products from Nike and Adidas (Under Armor), Sub Sport fit is tighter. Sub Sports length compared to Nike and Under Armor is considerably longer (which is great if you move a lot). Compared to the golden standard of compression gear, 2XU, fit and size is about the same(!) I would conclude that sizing is accurate and one should buy according to the sizing chart. I returned a size 'L' which was crazy lose, for a size 'M' which was near identical to my 2XU size 'MT'.

Compression compared to lower end brands (sorry it may seem crazy) like Nike and Adidas, Under Armor is very good. Compared to 2XU it's at least nearly as good.

Wearing them:
There are some strange design choices with Sub Sports. Specifically there is a rough seam that runs on the inside/back side of the knee. I imagine this seam will cause skin rashes during longer runs -during my own runs it is at least an annoyance. The same goes for the top where a similar seam runs inside the armpit: I do kick boxing and when punching this seam is really disturbing me because of the friction it generates.

If you are a man you will appreciate that the Sub Sports pants are shaped at least somewhat to accommodate the male gender. The 2XU pants are flat in this area, putting more pressure on the male genitals

Toxic coloring?
My 2XU clothing shed a lot of color the first couple of times I washed them, as did the Sub Sports. The difference is that the Sub Sports smell toxic! 'Made in China' and smelling like this -who knows what chemicals are being compressed into your skin!? I would advise washing them a couple of times before first use to mitigate any risk to your health.

Sub Sports offer exceptional value for the money. These are great compression clothing for very little money. I would recommend 2XU over these any time, but as a spare set or for someone on a budget, they cannot be beaten.
0Comment| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 25 February 2018
Comfortable to wear and very supportive. Would recommend them highly
on 24 February 2015
The quality and overall fit of the product is very good and offers a nice level of compression. Used these today for heavy squatting and they were very comfortable, didn't pinch or restrict my range of movement at all, very comfortable and supported my legs through the workout. About the sizing, I am about 6 feet tall and a 33-ish inch waist and the medium fits me very well, providing a snug fit without becoming uncomfortable. I bought these after trying out the sub sports 'dual' compression leggings, which I also got in a medium and the fit is pretty much identical, except the sub rx offers a better compression fit and might also be more comfortable to me personally. I also do very much prefer the rx over the dual compression leggings in terms of aesthetics, but that's just me :)
on 6 March 2018
on 10 June 2017
Excellent value for money would highly recommend their products prompt delivery as well just been out for a 25 mile bike ride and it did exactly what's it it was supposed to do. Could do with being a couple of inches longer as I am 6 foot 3 slim build good fit still
on 26 June 2017
Fits firmly as you would want. Leg length is excessive for me but this is dealt with by simply turning up the bottom of the leggings to suit. Does help with muscle recovery but don't necessarily expect a 'chalk and cheese' difference.
on 30 July 2017
Totally not right, I already have a pair in L. These are Xl and come up way smaller someone needs a word with quality control.
on 31 March 2017
Nice tight fit and boy is it tight even 2xl tho it works very well like it is supposed to and does help in performance. I'd give it 5 stars but stitching has started to come away at bottom of top. Overall very good apart from the hem.