Customer reviews

Colour: Orange|Change

on 11 April 2016
Ive been looking for a nail buffer for weeks ( yes i am fussy ) i didnt just want anything. my last one has given up and i was in desperate need of a new one. so after ages of looking i came across this beauty! Looked at the price thought it was a bit much for just a nail buffer but after reading the reviews i thought i would give it a go. i was pleasantly surprised when it turnt up. Its the best nail buffer ive ever had! It has four steps which really work well and the difference is brilliant. no ridges at all. buffed beautifully and stay smooth and shiny even after nail polished has been applied and removed! Now thats never happened before i usually had to buff them everytime i applied new polish but not with this buffer. the curve on it gives the buffer a great way to hold it, its comfy and natural feeling. My nails are now beautiful, ridge free and shiny! i would recommend this product 100% well worth the money you wont be disappointed.
on 8 September 2013
I bought this as I have the s file which I love and I thought I would love this one just as much. I was wrong, so wrong!

This is a good idea in theory but the S-Ped part of this (the metal bit intended to get rid of hard skin) isn't effective in the slightest. The handle does catch (most of) the small shavings of skin but if you happen to move the handle into any sort of slightly downward motion (like when working on your heel) the bits of skin fly out through the metal all over the floor. Yuck. Apart from this it is quite harsh to your skin. If I had used my cheese grater I would have achieved the same effect on my feet and the same amount of skin on my bathroom floor.

At least, I thought, I can get use out of the S-file X (the double sided exfoliator). Nope, wrong again. It doesn't even fit properly into the handle to allow me to use it as intended. If I don't use it with the supplied handle it is quite flimsy and again appears to grate my skin rather than smooth it as I had expected it too.

I shall be asking for a refund for this product which is a shame as I love the S shaped products for my hands.
Stylfile Nailcare Collection is a great little set to have close at hand. There are three items within the box one as stated is a nail file which I have to say it is excellent and with the curved nail file leaves filing so much easier plus the natural shape makes it a more professional result. The buffer is also very easy to use and with everything numbered 1-4 like a lot of today's buffers this is very easy to complete. The added bonus with this buffer is once again the curved shape which really helps the actual finish of the nail. Included also is a small key-ring which contains a small curved nail file which is enclosed in an attractive pink coiled spring. This file is easy to remove from the spring as well as containing it after use.
I am happy to recommend the Stylfile Nailcare Collection as a great set any nail artist would love.
on 25 January 2016
Very good, definitely an improvement on the original nail clippers
however
it is an unusual sensation using this, so much so, that I've gone back to using the old ones, purely as I felt odd not having that satisfying 'CLIP' when trimming nails, this slices through them, it's like using a really solid pair of really sharp scissors
that is my issue rather than the fault of the trimmer, every time I use these I'm impressed, you do have to use them in a slightly different way than you are used to too, but you get the hang of them quickly
only reason for not giving a full 5 stars is that I reckon if they were bigger, I'd probably use them more, as it might be a different sensation if I could clip a whole nail off without having to re-angle it
on 31 December 2016
I used these to tidy up my nails for work. The file works are described but when used once ever two weeks it doesn't have the file power after 2 or 3 uses. The first file (the most coarse) runs out really easily.

The other polishing parts work longer, but that's no use when my nails still have ridges or scratches in. I tend to just accept the short life span and buy these in bulk as I like the curve and the other aspects of quality.

The file is sturdy and easy to hold.
on 21 February 2016
I had the emergency file that came with the two big files and it was perfect, but I broke the clip pulling it out of my pocket to hard. Bought this to replace as thought it would be the same thing and the spiral is significantly bigger and doesn't hold as well. Don't understand why they wouldn't use the same holder in both, especially when the other one is so much better sized than this one. If I break this one I'll be buying the full set to get the better one rather than paying for this again as it just falls out all the time. Would recommend the three pack as a better buy.
on 17 April 2015
These are fantastic! I would recommend anyone with a baby or small child gets these. I also downloaded the app for free as recommended and my son loves it, he sits there totally amazed while I cut his nails. I am not happy using scissors on a baby so the clippers were an obvious choice but as these actually slice rather than clip there is no sharp noise to startle or upset the child. The have a little gap above the cutting blades which allow you to see exactly what you are cutting.
The S file in my opinion is not necessary but I am sure others would find it useful. Very well designed and made product. Buy one
on 30 September 2016
This has made cutting my 4 month old's finger nails so much easier. Even the edges. Wish I'd discovered it earlier. It's sharp so you only need one attempt. With the Tommy Tippee basic cutter I had to press several times, by which time he'd often moved his finger. You can see what you're doing through the peephole and you can press the bottom of the cutter right up to the finger for a close and safe cut. More expensive than other basic ones but we'll worth it for the peace of mind you're much less likely to catch a bit of skin when you cut.
on 16 May 2013
When the mini version of the S-Clipper came out I had to buy it.

I wanted another S-Clipper for me to take and this was cheaper original. I now have this in my bag where ever I go along with the Emergency S-File.

I prefer the mini to the original because it seems to cut the nail better than the original. The Large one had thicker blades and I could not cut my nails to a shorter length with ease because the teeth were fatter.

Both version are super sharp and cut the nails so easily. It's amazing to use and fun to see . My Mum was a little scared I think because using the Cutters did not have the pinging sound effects that usually accompanies a regular nail cutter and she almost feels scared using. You fear that you may start cutting your fingers off because it's so sharp.

I still find it unique experience.

Thank You Tom for this Product!
on 12 April 2012
I love the idea of a nail file that is curved, and that aspect of the product works very well indeed, it really is easier to file. I also love the idea of a file to carry around. My big disappointment is that the attachment at the top of the file, with which it can be hung from a key ring, broke within seconds, it just came plain of the top and I hadn't even tried to put it on yet, just fell away! It appeared very cheaply made in this regard, and I would have rather have paid a bit more for an item that didn't fall apart as soon as it came out the packet.