- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Student Success in College: Creating Conditions That Matter Hardcover – 8 Apr 2005
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"Student Success in College merits serious attention by both the communities of practice and scholarship in Higher Education." ( Journal of Higher Education, Mar–April/2008)
"Kuh and his colleagues thoroughly describe the conditions for student success in college and how institutions can create those conditions. Far more than just a rich collection of what works, this groundbreaking book provides a set of principles to guide administrators, faculty members, and policymakers in creating a culture and conditions that promote student success on any campus."
––Ernest T. Pascarella, Mary Louise Petersen Professor of Higher Education, University of Iowa, and Patrick T. Terenzini, distinguished professor, The Pennsylvania State University
"One of the most important and timely books ever written about what makes an engaged––and successful––student in today′s colleges and universities. This book will undoubtedly join the ranks of groundbreaking prior works by Tinto, Astin, and Pascarella and Terenzini as an essential guide for higher education leaders, policymakers, and practitioners."
––Jamie P. Merisotis, president, Institute for Higher Education Policy, Washington, D.C.
"Kuh and his colleagues have turned a probing spotlight on the how of pervasive educational change. Student Success in College should become a basic text for everyone concerned with the quality of undergraduate learning in the college years."
––Carol Geary Schneider, president, Association of American Colleges and Universities
"An invaluable work for campus retreats, self studies, assessment work, and any critical examination of your institution s approach to the undergraduate experience."
––John N. Gardner, executive director, Policy Center on the First Year of College
"A model for how qualitative research ought to be done."
––Peter T. Ewell, vice president, National Center for Higher Education Management Systems (NCHEMS)
"This very important work provides a roadmap for documenting effective educational practice and integrates real examples of how to foster high levels of learning, personal growth, and satisfaction for students while recognizing the importance of diversity."
––Alexander Gonzalez, president, California State University, Sacramento
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Education Management & Organisation > Administration & Organisation
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Higher & Further Education
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Care & Counselling > Bullying & Violence
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Studying & Test Preparation > Student Life
- Books > Science & Nature > Education
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies