Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 29 December 2012
I am currently in my first year at university studying early years. A big part of my degree is reflective practice and critical thinking within our practice. This book has helped me greatly, I now know the different between being descriptive, which my lead tutors commented, on with the essays I had written and being critical. This book only took me an hour to read and I now have new confidence in writing future essays. This book I would recommend.
on 13 August 2013
This book contains really useful techniques of how to improve critical writing skills. I am using some of the suggested framework and I think that the critical part of my essay writing has improved. It teaches a clear structure of how to think in a critically analytical way. The proof will now be, hopefully improved essay grades. I hope so!
on 14 March 2016
At 50 years of age I embarked on completing a master's degree. Got very confused what the degree would entail. Understanding academic terms until I read this book. Now, my fears have been dealt with and questions answered. Good explanations, no rubbish just straight forward good academic advice.
on 23 April 2015
For the price of this book, I would recomend instead buying a solid critical thinking skills book which will be a lot more comprehensive. This just skims over the basics which does not really justify the price.
on 1 November 2013
This guide is more suited to those just starting out on a degree, or as a refresher on critical thinking skills. As it is such a vital skill for the top grades at University it's a useful book. However, 4 stars because the structure of the book is a little confusing and the tables don't work on Kindle format. Also a couple of typos.
on 21 July 2013
I have just purchased and read this book. It gives you a good definition of what being critical means.
The book is written mostly for students and it allows them to get a better understanding of the concept of critical thinking. I would recommend this book to anyone out there who wants to get a little bit deeper into what it is to be critical. It does not really matter if you are a student or not.

PS: I could not read this book in 1 hour but it was worth the time.
on 24 January 2016
What a fantastic book! It may have been written with undergraduates in mind, but it provides lots of insight into how critical thinking is evaluated at university, and can be used on pre-sessional and in-sessional courses.
on 8 September 2013
I bought this book after "NOT enough critical analysis" comments on my first two university essays. However after reading this book I realise where I went wrong. Hopefully my next few essays will be fine, only time will tell!
on 8 December 2011
This is a highly accessible and surprisingly entertaining book that brings to life the value of critical thinking using excellent examples. It is well set out, clearly and succinctly covering all the necessary ground, with tables and quick tips for easy reference throughout, and a glossary of terms at the back. It explains concisely what constitutes good critical thought and highlights the common errors students make when attempting to read, write and think critically, which will save the student a lot of time. As a further education teacher myself, I was particularly pleased to see a warning about the use of Wikipedia! This book is a must buy for any student that wishes to achieve their full potential and gain the highest grades, and I shall certainly recommend it to my students!
on 17 February 2013
Although I am a postgraduate at university, studying for a Masters, I have never been taught critical thinking. This book has given me tools to improve on my next essay. Brilliantly written, very clear, and useful. Definitely recommend.