- Hardcover: 256 pages
- Publisher: Yale University Press; 1st Edition edition (1 Oct. 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0300104723
- ISBN-13: 978-0300104721
- Product Dimensions: 27.4 x 24.8 x 2.5 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,221,925 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Stubbs and the Horse Hardcover – 1 Oct 2004
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'Certainly one of the most readable and beautiful glossies of the season' -- The Financial Times Magazine
About the Author
Malcolm Warner, Senior Curator at the Kimbell Art Museum in Fort Worth, Texas, is the author of several books, including The Victorians: British Painting, 1837-1901 and Millais: Portraits; Robin Blake is an independent scholar based in London and is the author of a forthcoming biography on Stubbs; Lance Mayer and Gay Myers are consulting conservators based at the Lyman Allyn Art Museum in New London, Connecticut.
Top Customer Reviews
The book has not been abused but is coming apart, so NOT a good book, pity because the idea is brilliant.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
Reading the background information about George Stubbs and the symbolism used in his paintings was very interesting and educational.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Criticism & Theory
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > History of Art & Architecture
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Painting & Drawing > Techniques & Tools
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Styles & Movements
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Subjects within Art > Nature, Still Lifes & Landscapes
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Habitats