Structural Equation Modeling With AMOS: Basic Concepts, Applications, and Programming (Multivariate Applications Series) Paperback – 13 May 2001
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"I believe that Byrne's book is a valuable companion to those who aspire to analyse their data with SEM. It is written in a clear style, richly illustrated, and discusses most of the problems readers will encounter in their own research....also suitable for use as a textbook on structural equation modelling." - European Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology
"...considerable effort is devoted to introducing statistical principles, concepts, and measures in nonmathematical terms....its excellent treatment of the practical aspects of modeling and because it provides useful and accessible material about some of the statistical aspects of SEM." - Contemporary Psychology
About the Author
University of Ottawa, Canada
Top customer reviews
The book is illustrated in AMOS 17. I have not seen any significant differences between AMOS 17 and AMOS 16, which is the program I am using at the moment. So it's quite a relief to me.
I've read through the 1st edition, and it was well written in clear English. After 2 chapters, I felt that 2nd edition carried the same tradition: get you into SEM without killing all your brain cells in matrix algebra, multivariate statistics, and Greek alphabet. Yes, I was referring to the mighty LISREL. Not that I have anything against LISREL personally (that is when it is not yelling FATAL ERROR at me), it's just the learning curve was steep.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Lesson planning > Curriculum Planning & Development
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Lesson planning > Examinations & Assessment
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > History & Philosophy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Methodology > Research
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Applied Mathematics
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Education > Teaching Aids
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Modelling
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Probability & Statistics
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Maths
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Mathematics > Applied Mathematics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Psychology Textbooks
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Methodology