Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.99

on 4 January 2000
I thoroughly enjoyed this book,managing to read it in one sitting without difficulty,in fact,the difficult thing would have been putting it down. Intelligent and intense,the story blows apart the sanctified mystique of the medical profession. I was drawn into the complex relationships between the women,the tangled web of love,loss and revenge. I am a city person through and through,but I would dearly love a visit to the farm that Kellen calls home.
Some words come to me over and over, it's Kellen who observes ' There are words,and there is the truth.Only one of these matters '
Hope you read this,Manda!!
on 20 January 2000
Manda's latest, "Stronger than Death", is amazing! I wish I were a more eloquent reviewer so that I could adequately express how wonderfully this nail-biter of a mystery is written. Having read her first two Kellen Stewart novels, I was unwilling to wait until the book hit the States, so I ordered it from amazon.co.uk. Not only was I not disappointed in the newest entry in the Kellen series, I was so into the novel that I simply could not put it down. Manda's personal insight into her emotionally-driven characters make it an incredibly well-written, soul-satisfying adventure.
Bravo, Manda! Thank you for the experience!
on 29 December 1999
I was bought this as a christmas present and once I'd started reading it, I just couldn't wait to continue with it. I've missed loads of tv programs and stayed up till the wee hours, just to "read another chapter". It's very well thought out and the attention to detail is astonishing. You feel as if you know all the characters personally by the end of the book. I have learnt a lot about climbing from it too, and was exhausted at the end of the major ascent in it. I wish I could go to stay at Kellen's farm, it sounds so homely and warm. If you want a book to totally engross you on cold winter's nights,this is the one for you. It'll keep you on your toes till the end and leave you feeling emotionally attached to the characters, as if you've been to visit all the locations, worryingly knowledgable about pain clinics and path labs and never trusting a doctor again.
on 6 June 2016
As ever, Manda Scott's writing writing transports and delights and, right from the opening chapter, the story grabs me as Kellen and colleagues realise then try to predict and then prevent a series of killings at an exhausting and exhausted pace. The richness and veracity of background knowledge, of deaths of another sort and their aftermath, the climbing equipment and challenges, and all other background details are another ingredient in what makes her books such a pleasure to read and re-read.
on 21 February 2013
I read this after reading 'No Good Deed' which I had really enjoyed and I found this less engaging. I would probably have liked it more had my expectations not been as high. Still worth loading onto a kindle for a long flight!
on 30 October 2001
The high standards of style and content set by Manda Scott's first two books are superseded in her third - she just keeps improving. (Be warned, the characters from this series of 3 don't appear in her forth book, No Good Deed; much as you may miss them - and perhaps the gay aspect - it, too, is well worth reading.). Enjoy! (And if you're reading this, Manda - can we have more, soon? I need a fix!)
on 5 May 2010
An excellent story teller who obviously loves animals, plus loads of intrigue. Keeps you page turning.
on 10 March 2016