Stress in Teachers: Past, Present and Future Paperback – 1 Aug 1998
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Examines the stress in teaching multidisciplinary concept broad enough to include physiological, psychological, organisational and legal perspectives. The editors see stress in teaching as an interactionist concept – a complex and sometimes pracarious balance between perceived work pressures, coping strategies and stress reactions. The early chapters in the book refelct this view and make contributions to understanding the causes and costs of stress in teaching. The authors of these chapters come, collectively, to the conclusion that there is an alarmingly low level of job satisfaction in taching and that turnover intentions appear to be on the increase. This pessimistic view is challenged in later chapters by professionals working in the filed of stress management. These contributions highlight the danger of focusing stress research and management. These contributions highlight the danger of focusing stress research and management strategies on the individual rather than the organization, and report the authors′ "hands on" knowledge of teacher support teams and workshop and whole–school approaches to diminishing the causes and costs of teacher stress and improving training and career development. The concluding chapters demonstrate the editors belief that useful insights for workers in the education service can be gained fromstudies of workplace stress in other occupations.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Lesson planning
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > SEN Teaching
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Health Issues > Illnesses & Conditions > Stress
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Specific Topics > Emotions
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Self Help > Stress Management
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology > Sociology of Work