on 27 October 2015
On the plus side it is durable and a handy size for the pocket with plenty on one page.
However, like another reviewer, I found the print size too small. And it is not just a bit small, it is TINY! - with reading glasses I could not see enough to use this map easily. The practicalities of standing in the maze of streets reading the signs (distance) and then the map (reading glasses back on) and then finding you can't see the names on the map properly at a glance . . . better imagined than experienced. (My wife struggled too and she is much better than I with small print.)
Fortunately I also bought a Benson's guide that saved the day, since this one was unusable by either of us. But if you have excellent vision for tiny print, go ahead!
on 19 July 2009
This is a brilliant product.

Having visited London a number of times, I could never find a decent map.

Why?

You tend to buy one of those paper ones that, the minute you open it up, the wind catches it and then it gets soaked by rain and then you cannot fold it back up and it then gets ragged and grotty and you throw it away.

The StreetWise series is on a cardboard stock, laminated in plastic, folds up to fit comfortably in the inner pocket of a sports jacket and has all the streets in central London on it (unlike some maps which always seem to leave out the ones you are trying to find).

I have purchased the StreetWise for every city I visit and consider it a travel essential. The one I purchased 5 years ago for London is still in use.

Cannot recommend these highly enough.
on 9 November 2010
This map is a great fold-up put in your pocket size. If you wear glasses for reading you will definitely need them and even then the text is small (just a warning for those of you who need it). Otherwise a great little map of City Centre London.
on 3 December 2001
I got my first Streetwise in 1995 when I first came to London. It's been invaluable to me and when I lost mine, I quickly ran out and bought a newer, updated version. Streetwise is terrific for many reasons. It easily fits in a handbag (even a small one) or back pack, folds like an accordion for easy opening, is laminated and immune to rain and other London-like conditions, and looks almost as new as the day I bought it. As a reference guide, I often find I can rely on the map rather than the A-Z, the ubiquitous Londoners bible. All museums are labelled, even big hotels are, and shopping streets are highlighted. It includes a good tube map and a list of important streets and places to see. Good for the Londoner and the visitor and I have convinced all my friends to buy it as well.
on 15 January 2011
This range of maps is brilliant. Over the past few years I have bought several copies of the Streetwise Map for London, mainly as gifts but occasionally because I have left my own map on a restaurant table or in a museum. Though the printing appears to be extremely small, I have never had problems in reading the most complicated of street names. The lamination is brilliant and has brought to an end the days of owning maps that fall to pieces after one short break.

The Streetwise map range for other cities has also proved to be invaluable. The lamination came in extremely useful during a recent trip to Edinburgh when it poured throughout the whole of the holiday.

I have just returned from a trip to London and, sadly, yet again left my map behind in the hotel room. However, because the price is very reasonable, it's not the end of the world.
on 3 July 2010
This is another in the excellent series of folded plastic-coated maps of city centres. The only drawback I found so far is that some of the really tiny streets are not listed in the street index, even though they are actually on the map.
on 6 March 2013
This is a very readable and helpful map and almost small enough to put in your pocket (not quite!). The fact that it's laminated means it does not tear and is waterproof, which in London is a must!
on 28 December 2015
Great map to use in all weather
on 15 November 2015
Good quality easily readable
on 30 April 2016
Does what it needs to, plastic coated map so stays in one piece when it rains! Handy to have rather than carrying a ma book around London